Passing extra data to Login

Post here your questions about Actionscript and Java server side extensions development.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

MrMooMoo

Passing extra data to Login

Postby MrMooMoo » 22 Nov 2009, 15:52

I currently have an extension which deals with custom login request (checking username and password details again my DB). The thing is, I'd now like to have the option to create a new account but I know that you can't run any code on an extension without already being logged in.

As far as I can tell, the only way to get around this is to login with some default temporary account, add the new account, logout and then log back in with the new details.

Is there a better way of doing this? Personally, I don't like the idea of storing the default username and password details within the client as surely it's open to hackers. I'm probably going to restrict this special default account to only deal with Adding users and not allow it to do anything else but still, having a slightly more official solution would be nice. Maybe by allowing extra data to be passed along with the username and password to the Login request would be one way to do it.

Ta,
Moo.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 23 Nov 2009, 09:49

Hello,
this is the way we recommend for creating a registration system:
viewtopic.php?t=6111

Other customers have also implemented the registration outside of SmartFox so that they can integrate it with their website. This is easily done by sharing the login database between the website and SmartFox. (In other words they read/write the same db tables)

hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
MrMooMoo

Postby MrMooMoo » 24 Nov 2009, 07:39

Lapo wrote:Hello,
this is the way we recommend for creating a registration system:
viewtopic.php?t=6111

Other customers have also implemented the registration outside of SmartFox so that they can integrate it with their website. This is easily done by sharing the login database between the website and SmartFox. (In other words they read/write the same db tables)

hope it helps

That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the help.

Return to “Server Side Extension Development”