donot connect

Submit all your BlueBox related questions or report a bug here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

org_user

donot connect

Postby org_user » 20 Dec 2007, 23:49

i have installed smartfoxserver 1.6 and just compiled the example game given in 1.5.5 with new api 1.6 and when i am trying to play it behind fire wall from the web site i am not able to connect
what are the necessary changes i have to made in the game.
i also tried same thing with the new example just by changing the ip address for connecting to smartfoxserver
but same result it was not connecting beyond the firewall
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 21 Dec 2007, 06:09

1. is the bluebox running on the server side?
2. what ports are being used for sfs and bluebox?
3. do you have a crossdomain policy file correctly installed in the root folder of the web server?
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
org_user

bluebox

Postby org_user » 26 Dec 2007, 05:59

Thanks for your reply

1. is the bluebox running on the server side?
A) We Checked it by installing it as service and pointing browser to http://locahost:8080

2. what ports are being used for sfs and bluebox?
A)we found only portno 9339 for sfs,but we didnot find any portno for connecting bluebox

3)do you have a crossdomain policy file correctly installed in the root folder of the web server
A)Yes the crossdomain policy file is placed in the webroot directory.

And finally we didnot find any portno for bluebox in your new examples also
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 29 Dec 2007, 08:42

Try checking if the BlueBox is working correctly.
Point your browser to this url: http://www.mydomain.com:8080/BlueBox/HttpBox.do
(substituting the real name of your domain)
If everything is okay you should simple receive a simple message, if it throws an error I'd suggest to install this patch first -> viewtopic.php?t=2252

If the BlueBox is okay try running launching the SWF file from within Flash, if it works it is probably an issue with the Flash Player security
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 29 Dec 2007, 08:44

And finally we didnot find any portno for bluebox in your new examples also

In order to change the internal webserver/BlueBox port you should edit the webserver/cfg/jetty.xml file
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

macrotools

Postby macrotools » 31 Dec 2007, 06:21

If the BlueBox is okay try running launching the SWF file from within Flash, if it works it is probably an issue with the Flash Player security

Let's say everything went ok (but it did not, whatever), if one of the site visitors' has a problem about his/her Flash Player security, I think it will not be possible for him/her to connect to bluebox (at this point he/she had already could not connect to SFS directly).

Then what will happen? Most of the internet users do not even know what the Flash Player is. Will it be a dead end or is there anything you suggest for us.

I know that bluebox is brand new, and you guys really try to make it flawless (what a luck, in the first week of our project , we realized that we really needed this feature), but there would be a solution for these general problems which we suffer :) . May be we are doing something wrong. who knows...
org_user

Blue Box

Postby org_user » 02 Jan 2008, 06:32

Happy 2008

i have done as you specified http://www.mydomain.com:8080/BlueBox/HttpBox.do
it is giving internet explorer is unable to display the page.
i also compiled my flash file with new api and replaced the war file in server
but no solution to my problem
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 02 Jan 2008, 08:23

macrotools:
With the exclusion of the latest security changes made by Adobe here's how the SFS/BlueBox couple should work:

1 -> If the client can establish a point-to-point connection the preferred "system" is a socket connection. In this case the policy file can be served in two ways: from the root of your web server or via the socket. (see documentation, chapter 3.1)

2 -> If the client cannot connect via socket then it will try via HTTP. In this case it is highly recommended that the BlueBox is running on port 80.
The policy file should reside in the root of the embedded webserver.
To avoid futher complications we would recommend to serve your SWF files from the embedded web-server instead of using another one.

Hope this answers your question.

Finally... Adobe has introduced new rules and restrictions to the Flash Player 9 starting at version 9,0,115,0
We'll look into this as soon as possible and see what changes should be made on our side.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 02 Jan 2008, 08:26

org_user:
I think there's probably a port configuration problem.
Supposing that you are using the default ports (SFS -> 9339, BlueBox -> 8080) you should check that the Server/bluebox.properties file reports the following settings:

sfsAddr=127.0.0.1
sfsPort=9339

If you're not using 9339 for SFS, modify the relative setting, save and restart everything.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “BlueBox”