[ADMIN TOOL] Show list of logged users

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Jochanan

[ADMIN TOOL] Show list of logged users

Postby Jochanan » 28 Mar 2020, 19:01

Can i somehow get list of logged users in admin tool?
I would like to see all users in the zone and their session status - if this is available via admin tool.

I am asking because the number of users, that are logged by admin tool and our internal online measurement tool differs multiple times. We end up with room is full error message because i have not anticipated any difference.

The number in admin tool is higher, then number of unique logins in our database, which is very very suspicious as well.

We are using SFS 2.14 ("last" version, not 9th December)

EDIT: I have found, how to obtain the list of all users logged in the zone, but there are majority of them withou IP address. It looks like they are stuck somewhere. Their data looks like that
sfs.PNG
(36.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Any thoughts about the cause? We are not using NPC users.

All the users, thet are marked as NPC are real users who logged in at some point. How the user transform into NPC?
Jochanan

Re: [ADMIN TOOL] Show list of logged users

Postby Jochanan » 28 Mar 2020, 19:44

We have investigated the log on server side for that user and have found

Code: Select all

16:39:44,939 | INFO  | SocketReader | bitswarm.sessions.DefaultSessionManager |     | Session removed: { Id: 63883, Type: DEFAULT, Logged: Yes, IP: XXXX:63916 }16:39:44,939 | INFO  | SocketReader | bitswarm.sessions.DefaultSessionManager |     | Session removed: { Id: 63883, Type: DEFAULT, Logged: Yes, IP: XXXX:63916 }

But we have not found anything about the session displayed in the admin tool (63936)
Jochanan

Postby Jochanan » 28 Mar 2020, 19:54

We have found logs for every user we tried and is NOT NPC (currently logged in). But we have found NO log for "NPC" users
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 30 Mar 2020, 08:54

Hi,
Can i somehow get list of logged users in admin tool?

Yes, from the Zone Monitor select the Zone you want to check.
In the next panel (Rooms) select [any] in the Group dropdown. This will deactivate the Room filter, meaning that it will show Users from "any Room.
Finally open the Users panel. You will find the complete list of users logged in that Zone (NPCs included)

As regards the screenshot you have attached, the connected client is an NPC, so it must have been created via code from the server side.
NPCs have a different Session Type so they can't be confused with clients connected via the network.

We have found logs for every user we tried and is NOT NPC (currently logged in). But we have found NO log for "NPC" users

This depends on how you're managing the NPCs. NPCs are never disconnected once created, you need to manage them manually.

I am not sure I completely understand what is the problem here.
Maybe you can clarify.

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Jochanan

Postby Jochanan » 30 Mar 2020, 18:04

Hi, main problem is, that we are not using NPC, so we have no idea, how they can be connected as users.

What are all the options, how the NPC is created by the server? Is it only explicit server side code (API) or there are more options?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 31 Mar 2020, 07:47

Yes, the only way to create an NPC is by calling SFSApi.createNPC(...) in your Extension code.
Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
Jochanan

Postby Jochanan » 31 Mar 2020, 11:57

Thanks

Return to “SFS2X Questions”