Problems Moving to SmartFox 2.13.3

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

ekrem5353

Problems Moving to SmartFox 2.13.3

Postby ekrem5353 » 16 Oct 2018, 07:16

Hi,
I am still on SmartFox 2.11 I tried to move my games to 2.12 before. Now I am trying to move my games to 2.13.3 and problem number one is I am having gamerooms with same name. when I remote debug the app in the SFSRoomManager there are two hashmaps one keeps rooms by id one keeps rooms by name.When multiple game rooms got created with same name There are more rooms in field roomsById. There are protection when I normally try to create game room with same name it throws "A room with the same name already exists" exception but somehow After a while games with same name is getting created. I tried to keep room names in synchronized hashset When room created I put the name there and at roomremove event I removed the name from that hashset I thought now it is impossible to create room with the same name. But after a while I saw again rooms with same name at client side there are users playing game. There were three game rooms named OYZ4. there were users playing in them. But at smartfox admin panel at the zone explorer there were only one OYZ4 game room. Is there any chance room remove event being fired but room not beeing removed.

Thanks
ekrem5353

Re: Problems Moving to SmartFox 2.13.3

Postby ekrem5353 » 16 Oct 2018, 07:41

One other problem. We are rewriting games with html5 and javascript and we decided to write and test them with new server SmartFox 2.13 In the game room when room variables or user variables changes only javascript client drops. gets disconnected.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 16 Oct 2018, 07:53

ekrem5353 wrote:Hi,
I am still on SmartFox 2.11 I tried to move my games to 2.12 before. Now I am trying to move my games to 2.13.3 and problem number one is I am having gamerooms with same name. when I remote debug the app in the SFSRoomManager there are two hashmaps one keeps rooms by id one keeps rooms by name.When multiple game rooms got created with same name There are more rooms in field roomsById. There are protection when I normally try to create game room with same name it throws "A room with the same name already exists" exception but somehow After a while games with same name is getting created. I tried to keep room names in synchronized hashset When room created I put the name there and at roomremove event I removed the name from that hashset I thought now it is impossible to create room with the same name. But after a while I saw again rooms with same name at client side there are users playing game. There were three game rooms named OYZ4. there were users playing in them. But at smartfox admin panel at the zone explorer there were only one OYZ4 game room. Is there any chance room remove event being fired but room not beeing removed.

Thanks

Hi, you have already posted about this issue in another thread and I've replied there. Please let's keep the conversation about this issue in one place only. That is in the other thread:
viewtopic.php?p=88570#p88570

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 16 Oct 2018, 07:54

ekrem5353 wrote:One other problem. We are rewriting games with html5 and javascript and we decided to write and test them with new server SmartFox 2.13 In the game room when room variables or user variables changes only javascript client drops. gets disconnected.

Can this be reproduced every time?
If so can you show us the client code that causes this issue?
Also can you specify which version of the Javascript API you're using?

Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”