Logging Dropped Messages (SFS Pro)

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Zelcer

Logging Dropped Messages (SFS Pro)

Postby Zelcer » 30 Sep 2018, 17:12

Hello, I'm wondering if it's possible to log dropped messages. Recently I've noticed the server will kick everyone off and and the dropped messages increases by a huge amount, 20-30k in the admin tool. I suspect some sort of exploit/bug abuse is happening, but I'm not sure where I should start investigating.

Thanks.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Logging Dropped Messages (SFS Pro)

Postby Lapo » 01 Oct 2018, 07:40

Hi,
messages are dropped only if they are larger than what the server can accept (configurable) or if the client's network is too busy to read any more data from the socket. (actually the server buffers data on the server side for a while before dropping)

If everyone is kicked out at the same time it's normal to see lots of dropped messages, because the server must update clients in their respective Rooms about users leaving. Since everyone is leaving, the sockets are being closed while those messages are queued up to be sent, just to be dropped a few instants later.

I think you should start from the log files at the time of the mass disconnection. There must be clues/errors that should help track the problem.

Let us know what you find and also let us know the server version.

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”