Forgot how to configure router

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

capdetrons

Forgot how to configure router

Postby capdetrons » 14 Feb 2017, 08:18

Hi,

Used to have smartofx up and running long time ago and am trtying to set it up again but I forgot all about the port pointing and IP deals.

I'm attaching an image to help understand the router side settings.

I think everything is Ok in my PC's side where I have an asterisk for any IP and port 9339

Thanks
PortsRouter.PNG
(143.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Forgot how to configure router

Postby Lapo » 14 Feb 2017, 16:43

Hi,
are you using SmartFoxServer PRO or 2X?
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
capdetrons

Postby capdetrons » 14 Feb 2017, 23:27

Lapo wrote:Hi,
are you using SmartFoxServer PRO or 2X?

I am using SmartFoxServer PRO...

Set my open ports in my router to 9339, my swf's IP is pointing right and the cross domain policy file is turned on.

The funny thing is that my firewall allows the connection, if you call it so from SmartFoxServer PRO both outgoing and inconming but using one of those port testers sites it keeps saying the port is blocked
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 15 Feb 2017, 08:34

It's not enough to configure the firewall.
If your computer is behind a router you will need to configure the NAT so that it will send packets arriving to a certain port (e.g. 9339) to the specific machine where SFS is running on.

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

capdetrons

Postby capdetrons » 15 Feb 2017, 13:39

Thanks, Lapo! But these or this NAT do they have any relation with the pic I attached in my first quote?

I thought that was it and changed it to port 9339 exclusively, but obviously still no success
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 15 Feb 2017, 14:32

Honestly, I don't know... :(
Every router/modem does it differently ... and I am not familiar with this one. Normally you need something called "NAT" which should be universally found on any decent router.

In there you're asked which port number of the router (e.g. 9339) should be translated to which address and port, representing the machine that is running the actual service.

The screenshot looks like something similar but uses pretty weird field names and I am not sure it's really a NAT configuration or something else. Looks pretty close though.

I'd highly recommend to check the router's manual and see if it mentions Network Address Translation (NAT in short).

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”