MMORoom Demo Code PROXIMITY_LIST_UPDATE Not Firing

Post here your questions about the Unity / .Net / Mono / Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

SteamPunkProgrammer

Re: MMORoom Demo Code PROXIMITY_LIST_UPDATE Not Firing

Postby SteamPunkProgrammer » 09 Feb 2015, 16:01

Setting the Simple.py also resolved the problem for me.

Is the issue just that the python interpreter wasnt being loaded when the client dynamically assigned a python script? (but setting zone with any python script forced it to load)
I just want to have better understanding of this issue before moving on, sounds like I wont need to worry about it as my script will be manually set in the zone!
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 10 Feb 2015, 10:23

Yes, the problem was with the Python interpreter. I am not sure exactly why it's doing that but we'll investigate.

Keep in mind that Python scripts are not recommended for production. They are great for quick experimenting, demonstrations or prototyping but on a live server with 1000s of CCU they won't deliver a good performance.

Java code is the recommended way. We have a Java version of the Extension used in the MMORoomDemo. It's found here:
viewtopic.php?p=71998#p71998

cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
SteamPunkProgrammer

Postby SteamPunkProgrammer » 10 Feb 2015, 11:30

Alright good to know, I didnt plan on using python anyways, I hate it personally, haha
skyboardstudios

Postby skyboardstudios » 19 Jun 2015, 18:13

Wow!! It is working now!!

<extension>
<name>pyTest</name>
<type>PYTHON</type>
<file>Simple.py</file>
<propertiesFile></propertiesFile>
<reloadMode>AUTO</reloadMode>
</extension>

I fought for hours (more like 2 days now) trying to get the MMOGame example working... once I did the above change on the zone file... and started up the client... BAM ton's of simulated players started to move around just like expected.

I was trying to figure out why the proximity handler wasn't firing off... at this point I am pretty happy that things are working. So I can get more involved with my game coding. whoo hoo!

Return to “SFS2X C# API”