Disconnecting a user at a certain time.

Post here your questions about Actionscript and Java server side extensions development.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Ninjaoninja2

Disconnecting a user at a certain time.

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 23 Jul 2014, 15:09

Hello,
I was wondering if it was possible to Disconnect all users within a zone at a set time and do updates. Sort of like how Club Penguin does there updates, they log everybody out and then (Im guessing) restrict any ips but themselves for logging in via the crossdomain policy. Would thisb e a good way about going about something like this? (Not sure what section this would've fit under it could have fit under both but.)
Ninjaoninja2

Re: Disconnecting a user at a certain time.

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 25 Jul 2014, 14:39

Ninjaoninja2 wrote:Hello,
I was wondering if it was possible to Disconnect all users within a zone at a set time and do updates. Sort of like how Club Penguin does there updates, they log everybody out and then (Im guessing) restrict any ips but themselves for logging in via the crossdomain policy. Would thisb e a good way about going about something like this? (Not sure what section this would've fit under it could have fit under both but.)

Bump. ^.^
rjgtav

Postby rjgtav » 05 Aug 2014, 10:19

Hi there,

In order to disconnect everyone from the server you can simply shutdown the server, and everyone will be kicked out.
Maybe you could also send a Zone-wide Moderator message informing that the server would shutdown in a few minutes.

Cheers
Skills: SFS Pro, SFS2X, AS2.0/AS3.0, Java, HTML5/CSS3/JS, C#
Portfolio: https://rjgtav.wordpress.com/
SFS Tutorials: http://sfs-tutor.blogspot.com/ - Discontinued. Some examples may be bugged.
Ninjaoninja2

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 05 Aug 2014, 13:48

rjgtav wrote:Hi there,

In order to disconnect everyone from the server you can simply shutdown the server, and everyone will be kicked out.
Maybe you could also send a Zone-wide Moderator message informing that the server would shutdown in a few minutes.

Cheers

Sounds good! Is there a way to lock out all ip's but developers ip's? Just do like private testing?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 12 Aug 2014, 08:29

Ninjaoninja2 wrote:
rjgtav wrote:Sounds good! Is there a way to lock out all ip's but developers ip's? Just do like private testing?

If you are restarting the server everyone will be necessarily disconnected, developers included.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Ninjaoninja2

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 13 Aug 2014, 13:59

Lapo wrote:
Ninjaoninja2 wrote:
rjgtav wrote:Sounds good! Is there a way to lock out all ip's but developers ip's? Just do like private testing?

If you are restarting the server everyone will be necessarily disconnected, developers included.

I meant more like allowing only the developers to login to the server by ip. So it would do something like this: if a user connects from a certain ip adress let them in, otherwise do not log them in. See what i'm saying? Would the crossdomain policy work for this?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 13 Aug 2014, 15:14

No, unless you publish the client on two separate domains, one of which is allowed in the crossdomain.

What you are asking, though, is a little weird. If you want only developers to be able to use the server you can setup a private machine.
Can you explain exactly what is the use case?

thnx
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Ninjaoninja2

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 13 Aug 2014, 15:37

Lapo wrote:No, unless you publish the client on two separate domains, one of which is allowed in the crossdomain.

What you are asking, though, is a little weird. If you want only developers to be able to use the server you can setup a private machine.
Can you explain exactly what is the use case?

thnx

Just a server that only Developers can go on to. I could password protect a secret directory but I want it even more secure.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 13 Aug 2014, 20:07

You can use a private server, one that is not under a specific domain and you can also add a custom login Extension backed by a DB so that only authorized people can log in.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

zachofthegolden1

Postby zachofthegolden1 » 29 Sep 2014, 02:43

The way i used to do this was making a maintenance value in the database then i update the whole database to set maintenance 1 where admin =0

Basically if someone had value 1 on the admin field on my users table itl leave it alone but set maintenance to 1 for everyone else then i create a failed login thing. Bit liek when users are banned but instead of saying banned it will say game is down for maintenance.

You could also have certain ip's that are allowed to connect. This can be done by creating a function that reds a text file of alowed ips and if the ip the client is using it not on the list it will dissconnect them and refuse them with a maintenance message until you set the game as active.

I used to just dissconnect certain zones so when i first do it i turn off the zone then set it to maintehance then turn it back on so no users are online at the time.
-ZG1

Return to “Server Side Extension Development”