SmartFox Server request spam?

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

AlexLangan

SmartFox Server request spam?

Postby AlexLangan » 17 Mar 2014, 17:57

Hello, so i got this problem and i don't know why. The game worked perfectly with over 50 players playing with me for weeks until some days before this started happening, the server crashed and the log was spamming with the same error (screenshot provided below). I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the source code or the database, i reset to an older version of the database which worked and the problem still occurred.

I wonder if this is a user that spams requests or packets using programs that sends these, like WPE pro or w/e. If so, is there a way to stop it? There is not much to see since the error is the same since the start.
It might be ddos, if it's possible.

I'm using SmartFox Server PRO 1.6.9

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/2zzchj
or: http://i.imgur.com/EudWwCO.png
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: SmartFox Server request spam?

Postby Lapo » 18 Mar 2014, 09:38

Hi,
it's difficult to say, we should see the full log files. If it's not super huge (100s of Megs) can you zip it and either upload it somewhere or send it to our support@... email box?

The error indicates that a client is using the raw-String protocol but the format is incorrect. It may very well be a spammer or it could be an undetected error in your client app causing a wrong number of parameters to be sent.

Either way this is unlikely to be the cause of any server crash. In any case it's difficult to say what this might be and bad it is without seeing those logs.

Another question. If you restart the Server what happens immediately after it's up again? Do those errors reappear immediately? Does it take some time?

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
AlexLangan

Postby AlexLangan » 18 Mar 2014, 19:59

Could you inform me where i could find the log file? i'm new to this and i would be able to upload it on mediafire.

And the server doesnt actually crash, it just doesnt let players come online, and the error sometimes appears directly and sometimes it takes times as in minutes, seconds or even hours. This is why i'm very sure it might be a person doing this to me.
AlexLangan

Postby AlexLangan » 20 Mar 2014, 17:29

Okay so i was logging the server and i got a new message, so now i'm 100% sure its a person sending XML packets, or whatever.

Here is the screenshot of the error
http://prntscr.com/32irno
AlexLangan

Postby AlexLangan » 23 Mar 2014, 12:17

Could someone please answer this? i need help..
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 25 Mar 2014, 08:37

Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”