Two seats for each player

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

veeru.srinivas

Two seats for each player

Postby veeru.srinivas » 31 Dec 2013, 07:12

Hi,
I am implementing A Poker type game with front end flash and back end Java.

I have developed turn based game.but here i got a requirement that the table consists of 2 players and each player having 2 sets.It is like caroms but in caroms two players will be available but here one player should able to do that.
Please find the attached image.

How can i maintain 2 seats for 1 player in the room .. Please help me.

Thanks in Advance!!

Veeru.
Attachments
gamebord.png
(16.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Two seats for each player

Postby Lapo » 02 Jan 2014, 09:26

HI,
I am not familiar with the game you have mentioned. I am not sure if I understand correctly though. Are the four players (which essentially are only 2) playing the same game? If it were a chess game would they be all playing on the same chessboard?

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
braza

Postby braza » 03 Jan 2014, 16:16

Hi,
I hope it`s not a thread highjacking, as my question feels the same.

It is said that Game type rooms are good for turn based games as it automatically gives each player a unique ID. I`m going to implement a turn based tactiacal game. What if each player has a squad (let`s say 2 characters to match the topic), each person in squad has his own initiative and hence there`s a queue of turns for each character (not player)?

Should I initiate separate connections for each character and wrap it somehow on the client? Or should I ignore the SFS id`s and figure out something else?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 03 Jan 2014, 16:44

Hi, no problem, your question is relevant to the topic.

In the case of two (or more) characters per player I would probably use a custom logic for the game that is based on the number of characters rather than the players. This probably means assigning a new CharacterID for each character and using that to advance the turns. In general I would not recommend to use multiple connections because they will be harder to manage and take more resources.

Hope it helps
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”