Problems with Eclipse and C++ API

Post here your questions about the C++ API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax, MBagnati

Antoniocide

Problems with Eclipse and C++ API

Postby Antoniocide » 06 Nov 2013, 12:05

Hello,
I am a developer of cocos2dx and I need to use the C++ API to implement a feature of a game I am working on. For the moment I managed to integrate SmartFox in Xcode and even compiles and works, but also I need to do the same in Eclipse, for the moment I managed to include Boost libraries but something is wrong because when I compile I get problems like the following:

SmartFox.cpp:173: error: undefined reference to 'Sfs2X::Entities::Managers::SFSGlobalUserManager::SFSGlobalUserManager(boost::shared_ptr<Sfs2X::SmartFox>)'
SmartFox.cpp:174: error: undefined reference to 'Sfs2X::Entities::Managers::SFSRoomManager::SFSRoomManager(boost::shared_ptr<Sfs2X::SmartFox>)'

Thank you
MBagnati

Re: Problems with Eclipse and C++ API

Postby MBagnati » 08 Nov 2013, 11:21

Hi,
I have investigated the issue in this way:
On my computer the API has been built without errors.
So I suppose that there is a difference (could be a difference in project settings) between my Eclipse project (in other words the project that I have used to build API) and your project
Please, could you check if you have followed all steps described at http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/GettingStarted/client-api-cpp ?

In the case, I can provide you my Eclipse project, or screen shot of my project settings, to compare it with your settings
Antoniocide

Re: Problems with Eclipse and C++ API

Postby Antoniocide » 15 Nov 2013, 08:47

Hello and thanks for the repply,

Finally yesterday, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Boost and the SmartFox APIs and at last it worked. Still I do not know why was not working because I followed the same steps, but at least it worked.

Thank you and sorry for the delay to repply.

Return to “SFS2X C++ API”