[Help]The new API freeze the unity when disconnect!!

Post here your questions about the Unity / .Net / Mono / Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

liverol

[Help]The new API freeze the unity when disconnect!!

Postby liverol » 09 Dec 2012, 15:20

so here is my probem,really annoyed:

Each time when the client didn't send messages for a while,then server fired a Idle timeout event and disconnect the client,in my game when this happened unity will switch scene to login scene,
but after this,no matter in unity editor or standalone exe,the editor/exe will freeze,no response and you need to kill the process in windows task manager. I am sure my code is ok,and so i tried to change
the smarfox dll(newest version 1.0.5) to older one(0.9.4), ...and...it won't freeze,all worked fine,I noticed that in the later version sfs team does update some disconnect functions so i guess the freeze(process/thread) problem
is caused by the new disconnection function.

I am not sure if others got this problem,but in my game,this is big problem,may I shouldn't ask sfs team to change the client code back,but please check the functions first,or would you guys offer a c# client source project(can compiled in VS2008/2010) so i can debug the new disconnect functions??

On:
Win7/ Unity3D 3.5.6.f4 / SFS2.4

Appreciate for any answers!
ThomasLund

Re: [Help]The new API freeze the unity when disconnect!!

Postby ThomasLund » 10 Dec 2012, 14:46

Hi liverol,

Several fixes have been made to the disconnect system to handle failover and disconnects correctly.

But we have absolutely no freezes in neither our test cases or in our live production games (with hundreds of thousands of registered players).

So we are definitely not rolling back to a known buggy version, sorry.

But lets take a look and see if there is a new bug somewhere. If you can make us a small reproduction case with your code - then we will happily take a look and help you debug it and get this fixed for you (and possibly others).

Best
Thomas
Full Control - maker of Unity/C# and Java SFS API and indie games
Follow on twitter: http://twitter.com/thomas_h_lund
liverol

Postby liverol » 14 Dec 2012, 02:27

Thanks for the reply,but our project is a really big project (3D community),in onConnectLost functions we just unregister the callbacks and use Disconnect,no else!
once I comment the disconnect line, it won't freeze until i quit the editor,so i guess it's caused by disconnect func.

Can sfs team offer a client souce for testing?Thanks
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 29 Dec 2012, 13:25

We fixed an issue with this - to be release in 1.0.6! So just around the corner and reply back if it fixes this for you

/Thomas
Full Control - maker of Unity/C# and Java SFS API and indie games

Follow on twitter: http://twitter.com/thomas_h_lund
nekokiller

Postby nekokiller » 27 Feb 2013, 07:23

Hi, ThomasLund :

I just wrote a small unity project to reproduce the freeze problem ( smartfox client 1.0.7 )

I can send my project to you , would you take a look ?

please give me your email address.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 27 Feb 2013, 12:37

Please send it to support@... this website
Add also a reference to this post. Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X C# API”