SmartFoxServer 2X Release Candidate 2

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 15 Apr 2011, 10:35

dr-mad, it seems you are making a lot of confusion, and your explanations are not clear at all.
Port 8080 is used by SmartFoxServer internal web server (by default used by the BlueBox and to show the starting page with links to the examples).
If you install SFS from scratch, and you can't access the startup page (http://localhost:8080) it means that another service is already using that port (and you should see an error in the log) or you have a firewall blocking it.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
mistermind

Postby mistermind » 10 May 2011, 20:40

For those who were still having problems with the patch, here are some extra " dummy" explanation (basically because it happened to me too lol):
You have to extract the zip content (aka, the folder within the zip file) inside your sfs installation folder, and not the sfs2x folder inside of it:
c:\[sfs installation dir]\Patch-RC2\
If you extract inside [sfs installation dir]\sfs2x, it will bug your entire SFS, which will force you to get your backup or even reinstall sfs2x.

Nothing wrong with the release notes really, but I can see why would people get confused with the use of "make sure that the extracted patch-rc2 folder is at the same level of the sfs2x/". Some people (myself included) might have read that as to extract it inside the sfs2x. Its our own fault for misunderstanding that really :D

One side note:
I was having issues with the admin tool using Firefox 3.x. Only after I updated to Firefox 4 it worked properly. Something to be considered if you guys had the same issues I did.
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned.
COB

Postby COB » 14 May 2011, 08:18

Is it normal that AdminTool queue realtime monitor isn't showing anything when logging level is not set to INFO in SFS2X/config/log4j.properties?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 16 May 2011, 09:15

The two are not related in any ways.
It is absolutely normal that queues are empty at runtime. They might stay full for a while or a long time only when the server is under high or heavy load.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
foxboy

Statistics

Postby foxboy » 13 Jul 2011, 12:29

Is there a class on the server side that handles the runtime statistics like incoming/outgoing packets, total users online etc?

We are actually planning to make our own monitoring/statistics application to do a daily report of the SFS2X's daily/hourly stats and then save the data for report generation.

We want to include the data provided by the Zone Monitoring module on the SFS Remote Administration.

What class should we call to get the above statistics?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 15 Jul 2011, 10:55

We are planning to add full JMX support soon.
Stay tuned.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”