Update the Island demo

Post here all your questions related with SmartFoxServer .Net/Unity3D API

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

vooood

Update the Island demo

Postby vooood » 08 Oct 2010, 09:18

Hi,

I have Unity3 and I see that the SFSIslandDemo uses some old stuff from an older version. Is there an easy and painless way to quickly update the demo to the new Unity (FPS scripts, etc)?

I tried doing that but almost all prefabs are wrong (missing scripts) when I copy them from the SFSIslandDemo to a new Unity3 project...

Can anyone help me?
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 09 Oct 2010, 11:01

You can either try to let Unity 3 upgrade the project or you can move pieces over by using the Unity export package functionality to keep links intact.

Its not possible in general to simply copy files between projects and keep links intact. Thats what the export/import package stuff does for you.

With that said - I will wait a release or two of Unity 3 until moving everything there. Still a hell of a lot of people not using Unity 3, so have to (for a while) have 2.6 as the base target.

But the projects as such should work nicely if you point Unity 3 at them (I hope). But for webplayer use you need to use the temporary released dll - hopefully only until Unity 3.0.1

/Thomas
vooood

Postby vooood » 09 Oct 2010, 13:33

Thanks for the fast reply Thomas.
It indeed works great in Unity 3 without any problems and changes though it's not using some Unity3 provided player movement scripts (I doubt this is a problem).

On the other hand is there some document/tutorial on this Island demo or we have to trace the logic through the code? ^_^

I love what you did and it was easily understandable but I would still like to see some more explanations.

Return to “.Net / Unity3D API”