New version? Bug fix?

Post here all your questions related with SmartFoxServer .Net/Unity3D API

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

kaligus

New version? Bug fix?

Postby kaligus » 11 Nov 2009, 12:52

Please, I want to know if there is a new version planned and if yes when it will be released?
That BUG about Room Variables is something I really need :lol:
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 12 Nov 2009, 10:19

Yes - new version planned! Will start development on it this weekend.

When its done and released? When its done and tested :-)

In the meantime - if you have a bug that is stopping your progress, the sources are fully available for you to hack. I am very happy when I get patches from you guys so development is shorter for me (hint hint) :-)

Best
Thomas
kaligus

Postby kaligus » 12 Nov 2009, 10:51

Good news then :)
I did not have any problems with 2.6 so far (I have, but it has nothing to do with SFS I think).

I confess you that I never tried to change anything in source, but I will take a look then.

My project is going well, we have a system handle already, room creation (but not commom rooms in SFS :lol: ), Quest handle with Rooms, PvP and Chat in-game...

I thank you again for this great API/plugin for Unity :D
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 12 Nov 2009, 11:23

Super duper!!

I want an account on whatever you create - :lol:

But yeah - the bug list so far is quite short, and I dont think it will take long time to get it out the door.

On my investigation list right now:
SFSU-1 Possible bug in how updated buddy vars are handled in HandleBuddyListUpdate - iterating over bVars but with full path
SFSU-2 Bug in buddy list when its empty - throws error due to missing check for empty list. Should return empty list instead
SFSU-3 Bug in matching the string inside a buddy list error message
SFSU-4 Look into room variable issue reported on forum
SFSU-5 Update room list instead of clearing it

If I've missed anything, then now is a good time to shout :-D

Best
Thomas
kaligus

Postby kaligus » 12 Nov 2009, 12:22

Hmm... well, Buddy list I can say nothing, because I'm not using it and I pretend make a Buddy System on my own (will not use the SFS). But I'm not sure.

As for the Room Variables will be a great bug fix :lol: , because I plan to use it to store some data about monsters, room changes, etc.

I did a few testes with User Variables and I got some errors very close to the room variables... but I did not test so much... if possible, I think it worth take a look too.

But for the rest, I think its all clean and well going :wink:

And...for sure, I will send in a VIP account :lol: :lol:
We are in first internal alpha tests, 9 review at the moment... many things to do... the character profile, with itens and experience are working too... :wink:

Return to “.Net / Unity3D API”