dear pt_dev and all the AS3 expert,
AS3 is very new for me and i have yet to fully grasp the full understanding.
Bax, i must say that some part in the OpenSpace documentation is very hard to understand and get around. I seriously have to crack my head to figure out how to use all the functions and events implemented in the API. it will be helpful if someone can show MORE and USABLE examples.
right now i'm trying to do the onCustomAction event, so i would appreciate if someone can come to the rescue and enlighten us all noobs.
I will try my best to explain in numbering order of what I am trying to achieve here.
1. i uses 2 files, namely ABC.as and ABC.fla
2. i've created a movieclip of a menu button in the ABC.fla file.
3. this menu button will appear only when the avatar is clicked.
4. this menu button should execute a custom action.
5. the custom action code is reside in the onCustomAction(evt:AvatarEvent), of course.
6. inside the onCustomAction function, i have added the custom actions that i wanted such as jump, swim, etc.
7. this is my BIG question: how do you link that menu button (ABC.fla) to the onCustomAction function (ABC.as) and make the avatar to perform the action?