SmartFoxClient for the iPhone

Post here all your questions related with SmartFoxServer .Net/Unity3D API

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

BurgZerg Games

SmartFoxClient for the iPhone

Postby BurgZerg Games » 19 Aug 2009, 13:35

I have been playing with the iphone version of the smartfoxsever api and noticed that the version for the smartfoxclient was 1.2.1. Looking around I do not see another link for a newer version and was wondering if I miss interrupted something or if there was a newer version out there.

Thanks for all of the hard work. :P I defiantly makes my learning curve less steep.

Peter Laliberte
BurgZerg Games
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 19 Aug 2009, 16:52

There is a 1.2.2, but it has a ugly bug. 1.2.3 is in the release cycle!

So right now 1.2.1 is the latest that you should use.

Best
Thomas
BurgZerg Games

Postby BurgZerg Games » 19 Aug 2009, 19:09

ThomasLund wrote:There is a 1.2.2, but it has a ugly bug. 1.2.3 is in the release cycle!

So right now 1.2.1 is the latest that you should use.

Best
Thomas

Ok, thanks for the response. It seems I will have to wait anyway to use smartfoxserver pro for my iphone apps untill I can get the advanced version as when I try to compile an app I get the following error.

Code: Select all

Exception: This project is using both System.dll and System.Xml.dll therefore will build only when assembly stripping is enabled (Unity iPhone Advanced feature).
Please avoid any unnecessary references to System.dll or System.Xml.dll. Common classes that should be avoided are: Stack, Sockets and Xml

UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, System.String iPhoneBundleIdentifier, Int32 iPhoneStrippingLevel, Int32 iPhoneScriptCallOptimization, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options)   (at /Users/build/builds/unity-iphone-1.0.3/iphone-1.0.3/Editor/Mono/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:754)

Unless there is a way around this with out breaking the iphone basic license that is. Well I can still make web player apps ok with it atleast :)

Peter Laliberte
BurgZerg Games
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 20 Aug 2009, 05:28

Yeah - its absolutely possible (we just did that) to make a regular Unity game using SFS and then within hours port it to work in iPhone Advanced.

No real way around the missing socket support. Well - there is a theoretical one, and that is if you hack the API sources themselves and
1) short out the socket code
2) rewrite the bluebox code to use the Unity WWW class instead of direct sockets

That _would_ theoretically work - enjoy if you go down that route :-D

Best
Thomas
BurgZerg Games

Postby BurgZerg Games » 20 Aug 2009, 11:05

Ha. I think I will just wait until I can affrord the advanced license instead :P

Return to “.Net / Unity3D API”