Request for 1.2 features/changes

Post here all your questions related with SmartFoxServer .Net/Unity3D API

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

ThomasLund

Request for 1.2 features/changes

Postby ThomasLund » 10 Mar 2009, 06:37

Hi

I will slowly compile a list of features/changes/fixes for the next version API.

What would you like to see?

I already got a little list myself, and will post that later to this thread. Want to hear what _you_ think first.

Best
Thomas
thecreatrix

Postby thecreatrix » 16 Mar 2009, 20:32

I could tell you what I'd like to see if I could use Unity. :)

After it is released for Windows, I'm sure you will have a lot more activity here. I'll certainly be pestering you whenever I can.

Keep up the great work.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 17 Mar 2009, 08:03

:D
Isn't it coming in a few days? Are there any sneak previews available?
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 17 Mar 2009, 08:14

Should be "soon" as in "around GDC" which is next week :-)

Previews only available for beta list members ;-)

Anyways - not much feedback from people. Means either no one is reading/using - or no one has any suggestions and are happy.

So here is my compiled list of _candidates_

* non-static SFSEvent
* refactor the room creation to be object based instead of hashtables
* code re-organization/cleanup and adding #regions for easier navigating the sources
* stronger validations in general of input data
* a look at proxies - http, https, socks5
* support for Unity iPhone Advanced (and maybe Basic through WWW class)

If you feel strongly for some of those - or have additional ones, then reply here with your comments. Else I will decide (with input from Marco too)

/Thomas
gildas

Postby gildas » 24 Mar 2009, 07:12

Thomas,

First, thanks for the great job you do!

Among tasks you've listed : proxies support will be great (very useful in my case), and the support of iphone will be also something I will really appreciate!

Thanks,
Gildas
DavidTAS

Postby DavidTAS » 26 Mar 2009, 13:53

I'm just getting started with SFS and Unity3D, but from what I've read here about the new message queueing feature added in 1.1, I would like to see more control from the game side of processing the messages in the queue.

For example, when I would like to be able to find out how many messages are in the queue and more importantly be able to have a call that only processed a single message in the queue instead of all of the messages in the queue. That way the game can choose how many of the network messages it wants to process during any particular frame or FixedUpdate handler.

Thanks!
David
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 26 Mar 2009, 14:39

Hi David

Great idea - putting that onto my list. Thanks a bunch

/T
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 09 Apr 2009, 14:19

OK - started work on 1.2 today. So if you have anything beyond the already stated, then its time to come forward!

Not everything will get into this version (from the list of potential features).

Right now I have reorganized the code, fixed a few bugs / improved validation at room creation, added some extra methods to the queue mode API and right now working on the "object based" room creation.

The litjson library is now also ported over to be included in the build instead of using the dll - this is for preparation for running on the iPhone, as that doesnt allow for dll plugins yet.

So who knows what else will get in there ;-)

Ohhhh! Before I forget. There are some changes here that will need good testing. Anyone using json for communication protocol that wants to beta test a bit?

/Thomas

Return to “.Net / Unity3D API”