using AntiFlood

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

brandon

using AntiFlood

Postby brandon » 15 Apr 2005, 15:33

Hooray, it's exciting to be working with SFBasic now!
I am building a multiplayer (2 person) game in which the players send eachother data twice every second. I am using smartfox.sendObject for these packets of information. However, I have noticed that after a short period of game play, the players will get kicked because of the anti-flood filter. I was expecting the anti-flood to work on sending public or private messages, not the objects sent. Is there a way to keep the anti-flood for in-game chatting, but not affect constantly sent Objects?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 15 Apr 2005, 15:52

Hi brandon,
the sendObject() method is not filtered by the AntiFlood filter, only private and public messages are.

Are you sure you're not sending any of those?
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
schroedi

Postby schroedi » 03 Nov 2008, 12:37

Also extension messages will not being counted?

I have my users reporting disconnects from spam an flood filter even if the say nothing.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 03 Nov 2008, 16:11

Nope, plus if you use SFS Basic you don't have extension support.

I have my users reporting disconnects from spam an flood filter even if the say nothing.

This is strange to say the least. Can you please report the error that they get? Any additional information will also be useful to track down the problem
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
schroedi

Postby schroedi » 04 Nov 2008, 08:28

I use PRO 500 user version.

But the users are children so i don't know exactly what they are doing in there privates ;)
I will try to investigate further.

Is there a way to use the flood and badword protection only for the public messages?

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”