Loading External Blacklist

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

dutzi

Loading External Blacklist

Postby dutzi » 18 Sep 2008, 12:31

Hey Lapo,

My company is working on a chat application, and we want to use the Bad Words List feature, but we don't want to restart the server every time we update the list (which happens on a regular basis).
Is there any way to tell the SmartFox Server to load only the black list, without restarting?

Thank you
dutzi

Postby dutzi » 21 Sep 2008, 11:08

no one experienced such a problem?
dutzi

Postby dutzi » 21 Sep 2008, 12:04

OK, i've found an older post with the same issue (viewtopic.php?t=3152&highlight=badwordslist).

Do you plan on adding a feature for loading an external bad words list on the next version?
If so, can you make the "refresh words list" command available from extension script?

Thank you.
Menser

Postby Menser » 21 Sep 2008, 16:59

Hello-

Hopefully i can answer a few of your questions.

1) No i do not think they currently have any plans (Atleast mentioned on the forums) to have the server include loading of an external "bad words" list.

2) This is something easily accomplishable on your own (as the post you linked to mentions). You simply need to do the loading/checking for the "bad" words on your own in a server extension.

Hope that helps some
_-Menser-_

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”