{ Update } SmartFoxServer PRO 1.6.3 available

Need help with SmartFoxServer? You didn't find an answer in our documentation? Please, post your questions here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Lapo
Site Admin

{ Update } SmartFoxServer PRO 1.6.3 available

Postby Lapo » 20 Aug 2008, 14:49

Hello,
SmartFoxServer PRO 1.6.3 update is available.

The patch addresses various bugs discussed in this board and adds new features to the server configuration and framework. See all the details in the release notes below.

Download Update 1.6.3

(and follow the accompanying instructions)
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 20 Aug 2008, 14:49

---==={ 1.6.3 Release notes }===---

{ Client Side: }

» New RedBox API for Actionscript 2.0 including examples, documentation and source code.

» Fixed AS3 API that would prevent myBuddyVariables to be populated if buddy list was empty

» UserVariables (multiroom), fixed an issue in AS3 API that would cause a #1009 error when using multi rooms

» UserVariables (multiroom), optimized server messages, no more duplicates (it was sending 1 message for each room. Now it just sends 1 message)

» Client API now fire warnings if a call is performed without having received the room list or without having joined at least one room.

» Added new joinAsSpectator flag in the client side createRoom() method, allows to auto-join a new game room as a spectator instead of player

» AS3 API, createRoom fixed attribute name exitCurret ==> exitCurrentRoom (as in Actionscript 2)

{ Server Side: }

» UserVariables, new <UserVarsOptimization> config parameter allows to receive only real changes in user variables, avoiding variables that didn't change to be retransmitted

» New <BanMode> tag allows to specifiy if the auto-ban does it by name or ip (default = ip)

» New debugging tags: <DebugIncomingMessages> <DebugOutGoingMessages> allow to debug incoming/outgoing data

» Added logging data dump for debugging "user name already taken" errors.

» New server side commands for handling kicking and banning (Java and AS): kickUser(), banUser(), banOfflineUser(), removeBanishment(). Note for Python users: you can call directly the methods on the ExentsionHelper instance

» Added new tag: <MaxSocketIdleTime> for specifying the max idle time of a socket connection

» New server side "force login" option , allows a user to force the login and close it's previous connection.

» Fixed an issue with removeBuddyList when not using mutualRemove. (was removed mutually anyways)

» Fixed <SystemHandlerThreads> not allowing values other than default

» Fixed problem with BuddyList 2.0 viewtopic.php?p=9843#9843

» Beta NPC feature: allows the server side to create fake User objects connected to the localhost. The server will recognize them as real connected users.

» New addModerator() and removeModerator() methods to add/remove moderator users at runtime
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 20 Aug 2008, 14:59

Online documentation has also been updated for server side Actionscript and server side javadocs.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Menser

Postby Menser » 20 Aug 2008, 18:15

Heya-

NICE, very nice glad to see some of the changes.

» Client API now fire warnings if a call is performed without having received the room list or without having joined at least one room.

That should save you guys a bunch of questions about "why isnt this working" lol

» AS3 API, createRoom fixed attribute name exitCurret ==> exitCurrentRoom (as in Actionscript 2)

Lol, i think this breaks the solution to the problem someone else was having, lol.

» Beta NPC feature: allows the server side to create fake User objects connected to the localhost. The server will recognize them as real connected users.

Sweet tits! This one is especially nice!

Good work guys, keep it up!

_-Menser-_
BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 20 Aug 2008, 19:57

Awesome! :D
Smartfox's forum is my daily newspaper.
DesignerMichael

Postby DesignerMichael » 20 Aug 2008, 20:05

Omg, yes... Those multi-messages were destroying me... That was what was causing all that hassel for me.
DesignerMichael

Postby DesignerMichael » 20 Aug 2008, 20:11

Oh, slight problem... Why does vista think these mac files are encrypted? It highlights them green, then I eventually have problems where it denys me access to them.

Edit: Found a fix... If I upload them to a server and then download them again they are stripped of the false vista encryption problem.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 21 Aug 2008, 05:11

which mac files?
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

DesignerMichael

Postby DesignerMichael » 21 Aug 2008, 05:35

You get some minor unpacking annoyances...
http://designermichael.com/share/screen1.gif

Then... Note how the files are highlighted green? That means "encrypted" in windows vista... But they are not! This always happens when I download anything from a mac onto vista.

http://designermichael.com/share/screen2.gif

The files work perfect, however... If I re-install my operating system, it will deny me access to the files. (Also, I'm not sure, but without un-zipping them again... I don't think another vista pc will allow me to use them.) But, if I upload them to my server, and then download them... It removes the false encryption thing and I won't get locked out from the files... How I solved for the .as files before was to simply go in, copy all the code, and just create a new .as file. My upload/download method works fine now.

After and upload then download... Yay! No more green false encryption!
http://designermichael.com/share/screen3.gif

Just a minor annoyance. :) I don't think windows likes Mac... lol!
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 21 Aug 2008, 05:58

Thanks, we have uploaded a new version cleaning the hidden files.

I don't think windows likes Mac... lol!

Yep :D I think it's reciprocal :shock: :P
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

DesignerMichael

Postby DesignerMichael » 21 Aug 2008, 06:13

Yw! Btw, how do you use force login? I really need that... Currently I append a random variable to the end of my users names. Tried searching documentation... Ill look around some more... *dig dig dig*

Edit: Gah... Can't find it anywhere. :(

Oh wait, is that an option in the config.xml for the zone?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 21 Aug 2008, 06:42

We're in the process of updating the docs, sorry about that.

I assume you use Actionscript on the server side.
The loginUser method is now update like this:

_server.loginUser(nick, pass, channel, forceLogin)

The new 4th parameter is optional.
If set to true it will log-in the user even if he's already logged in

Btw, you can take a look at the javadoc or AS doc ( http://www.smartfoxserver.com/docs/docP ... /index.htm )
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

sushi

Postby sushi » 21 Aug 2008, 12:46

Nice work!

I have a question. If we upgrade the server, will clients using 1.6.2 still work as normal? We have our game distributed to several sites so it's a problem to get them updated :)
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 21 Aug 2008, 12:49

It is required to recompile the client with the new API
We have changed a few details in the User Variables implementation when using multiple rooms at the same time. If your application is using that feature you'll need the recompilation.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

sushi

Postby sushi » 21 Aug 2008, 13:22

Ok, we're only using room variables in the game.

Return to “SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help”