University Course Development

SmartFoxServer gurus looking for a new job and companies looking for multi-player developers, this is the right place to meet!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

marukobob

University Course Development

Postby marukobob » 27 May 2008, 17:12

I need someone to help me develop a course to be taught at a university in the USA on the topic of Multiplayer Online Game Development. Course objects may include:

• Compare and contrast various MMOGs, considering genre and design techniques.
• Compare and contrast MMP system requirements and server architectures and software.
• Explain the attributes of a game server and how it supports game development and the distribution of games on the Internet.
• Explain the main tasks involved in configuring and administration of a game server, such as SmartFoxServer when deploying a game, such as SmartFoxTris.
• Demonstrate use of the Flash API client in the development and deployment of a game.
• Identify and use server side extensions to maintain a distributed game site.
• Explain the use of a database with a game server and be able to establish a database connection.
• Demonstrate use XML tags and ActionScript extensions to configure and manage a server and the games that the server supports.
• Demonstrate the use of deployment zones and chat, and lobby and limbo rooms in a server setting.
• Describe the use and importance of logging in a server setting.

I need these objectives refined, a lesson plan developed, tutorials and programming activities for the students to do to help them to understand the concept of MMOG and gain a beginning mastery of the tools. We want to use Smartfoxserver as the vehicle for this course.

There is a fixed amount we pay for such course developments, and I would be glad to discuss this and other details.

marukobob@yahoo.com
MarukoBob

Return to “Job offers and requests”