Job offer: Unity multiplayer FPS demo game development

SmartFoxServer gurus looking for a new job and companies looking for multi-player developers, this is the right place to meet!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Bax
Site Admin

Job offer: Unity multiplayer FPS demo game development

Postby Bax » 22 Sep 2022, 08:43

Hello,
the SmartFoxServer team is looking for a talented Unity developer to port an old multiplayer FPS example to the latest Unity engine with of makeover in the graphics and UI department.

The example in question can be found in our documentation here:
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/ExamplesUnity/first-person-shooter

It is a first person shooter demo that showcases how to create a real-time game in SmartFoxServer using TCP and UDP, using several server-side tricks to help with latency and packet-loss.
The inner workings of the server-side code is explained in the accompanying PDF (see linked doc above) and it doesn’t require an update, only the client side does. We’d like to modernize the UI, environment and character models using the latest Unity engine.

Here is an overview of what is needed:
+ Study and learn how the current example works.
+ Rebuild the Unity client with new UI graphics based on mockups we’ll provide.
+ Recreate the game environment and player characters using assets we’ll provide.
+ Redesign the client code to accomodate the new changes and interface with the server side.
+ Use Unity best practices in building the UI and client code so that other developers can learn these approaches when studying the example.
+ Write a tutorial that describes the main features of the new client. This will replace the one we’re currently providing (you can take a look at the current one to get a sense of what is needed). We’ll take care of adding the description of the server-side parts.

If you’re interested in the job send us a short resume with examples of your past Unity/multiplayer works. Basic knowledge of SmartFoxServer is highly recommended as it will expedite the creation of the final product.

If possible also include a rough estimate for the completion of the project. If more details are needed, we’ll be glad to answer all your questions. All inquiries can be sent to info [at] smartfoxserver.com.
Thanks!

PS: this job could lead to other opportunities, like the development of other examples, contacts with our customers looking for SmartFoxServer experts, etc.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
redblame315

Re: Job offer: Unity multiplayer FPS demo game development

Postby redblame315 » 03 Oct 2022, 12:03

Hi, SFS Team!
Very pleased to explain me, sfs2x online game developer.
Here's my over 2+ years experience with MMO project title "KnightBattle" using SmartFoxServer Engine.
○ Runtime Zone/Room/User management
○ Ban management
○ Support for Non-Player Characters (NPC) at Session level
○ Major improvements in server and network performance
○ IP Filtering which allows to control the maximum number of sockets coming from the same IP address
○ Session management, Room management, chatting, advanced lobby 
○ Experience with module which provides transparent reconnection to unstable client connections allowing players to re-enter a game without losing their state. Indispensable for any betting or contest-based game

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yrqY9x ... sp=sharing

Needless to say, I had already touch with the FPS Demo in SFS2X documentation while analyzing one.

As a result, I am sure to meet your satisfaction within time.

Hope to see u.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 05 Oct 2022, 07:01

Hello Redblame.
Thank you for your reply. Can you please contact us by email? So we can further discuss the topic.
You can write at info AT smartfox server DOT com.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
IdleChimp

Postby IdleChimp » 18 Mar 2023, 16:26

I have quite a bit of experience with level design if you need help in that arena.
Let me know!
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 20 Mar 2023, 08:17

This job has been assigned and completed. We will publish the new example soon.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “Job offers and requests”