Looking for Developer / Team to build 2D Virtual World (PAID)

SmartFoxServer gurus looking for a new job and companies looking for multi-player developers, this is the right place to meet!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

lordtopcat

Looking for Developer / Team to build 2D Virtual World (PAID)

Postby lordtopcat » 03 May 2020, 20:44

Hi,

My partner and I are in the final stages of writing our game requirements and functions document for our 2D Virtual World. Similar to Open Space (in terms of functionality) but art is specifically 2D. (Antiquated you may say but we do have an audience!).

In essence, people create an avatar and can walk between scenes (it is not open world, each scene is separated and you "walk" from scene to scene). You can chat publicly or privately with your friends, and buy in world items from "vending machines".

Phase one of this project (budget US$10k) is building the fundamental foundations of the server and client. Basic in world functions such as creating an avatar, customising your avatar, region management, vending machines etc. Phase 2 will introduce further features such as private apartments and games.

The world must be server authoritative and communication between the server, client and database must be secure. No art creation required as that is handled by my partner whom is an artist.

Phase one is a multi platform launch, being Windows PC, Linux and Android.

Please PM me here with your details and see if we can work together. I am interested in building a long term relationship with a developer or development team as there will be much more to come.

Cheers
Ninjaoninja2

Re: Looking for Developer / Team to build 2D Virtual World (PAID)

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 15 Apr 2021, 08:34

I know this is a little over year old, but I just sent a response via PM. If you could take a look when you get the chance, that would be great! I'm very interested in this role if it's still available. :D

Return to “Job offers and requests”