BlueBox yes, webserver No (Important)

Submit all your BlueBox related questions or report a bug here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

juancarlos

BlueBox yes, webserver No (Important)

Postby juancarlos » 10 Jul 2009, 10:46

Hello Lapo.

I want to have Bluebox on my application, but I don't know if I'm having a security lack.
I mean: If you write http://MyIp:8080/ you go to the webserver, there where you can see that message:
SmartFoxServer PRO 1.6.6 was installed successfully!

In this welcome page we we will guide you through the first steps in getting started with SmartFoxServer.
You will be able to explore the many examples provided, access the latest documentation, learn how to get support and more.

But, if someone goes to this address, he could do some things, like installing examples and I don't what else.

How should I protect that?
Can I remove folder \SmartFoxServerPRO_1.6.6\Server\webserver\webapps\root or folder \SmartFoxServerPRO_1.6.6\Server\webserver\webapps\examples?

I only want Bluebox, but nothing else.

Thank you a lot.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 12 Jul 2009, 19:02

Yes, absolutely. The examples are there only for local usage, when you go live you should avoid to keep them.
Instead of removing the root folder, simply remove its content and leave and empty index.html.

The same goes for all the example Zones in the server config. You should remove them and keep only the Zones that are really used by your application.

cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “BlueBox”