Bluebox Woes

Submit all your BlueBox related questions or report a bug here!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

darkblack

Bluebox Woes

Postby darkblack » 19 Sep 2008, 09:05

Our flash system using smartfox server with blue box enabled worked well in the test dedicated server without any issues. We have moved to the production server with a fresh install of the lastest version of SFS where we are not able to get bluebox work properly.

The problem is, when i start the jetty webserver with the default port 8080, i get the following error

Code: Select all

jvm 1    | 2008-09-19 09:25:58.068::WARN:  Deprecated configuration used for ./webserver/webapps
jvm 1    | 2008-09-19 09:25:58.070::INFO:  jetty-6.1.3
jvm 1    | 2008-09-19 09:25:58.185::INFO:  Extract jar:file:/var/www/vhosts/site.com/smartfox/SFS_PRO_1.6.2/Server/webserver/webapps/BlueBox.war!/ to /tmp/Jetty_0_0_0_0_8080_BlueBox.war__BlueBox__-udbwk9/webapp
jvm 1    | ::::::::::: { BlueBox INITED } ::::::::::::
jvm 1    | :                                         :
jvm 1    | : Version 1.0.3 -- (c) 2007 gotoAndPlay() :
jvm 1    | :                                         :
jvm 1    | :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
jvm 1    | 2008-09-19 09:25:58.301::WARN:  failed SelectChannelConnector @ 0.0.0.0:8080
jvm 1    | java.net.BindException: Address already in use
jvm 1    |      at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
jvm 1    |      at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:209)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:252)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:294)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:221)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
jvm 1    |      at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.webserver.WebServer.start(WebServer.java:83)
jvm 1    |      at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.webserver.WebServer.newInstance(WebServer.java:70)
jvm 1    |      at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.extensions.AdminExtension.toggleHttpServerStatus(AdminExtension.java:1883)
jvm 1    |      at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.extensions.AdminExtension.handleRequest(AdminExtension.java:433)
jvm 1    |      at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.controllers.ExtensionHandler.processEvent(ExtensionHandler.java:454)
jvm 1    |      at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.controllers.ExtensionHandler.run(ExtensionHandler.java:344)
jvm 1    |      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    | 2008-09-19 09:25:58.302::WARN:  failed Server@15005d
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:209)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:252)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:294)
jvm 1    |      at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.webserver.WebServer.start(WebServer.java:83)
jvm 1    |      at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.webserver.WebServer.newInstance(WebServer.java:70)
jvm 1    |      at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.extensions.AdminExtension.toggleHttpServerStatus(AdminExtension.java:1883)
jvm 1    |      at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.extensions.AdminExtension.handleRequest(AdminExtension.java:433)
jvm 1    |      at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.controllers.ExtensionHandler.processEvent(ExtensionHandler.java:454)
jvm 1    |      at it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.controllers.ExtensionHandler.run(ExtensionHandler.java:344)

In the jetty.xml if i change the port from 8080 to 8081 , the webserver starts without any issues. BUT users behind a proxy are not able to fall back into bluebox for connection.

What needs to be to enable bluebox support for users behind a proxy. please advice
darkblack

Postby darkblack » 22 Sep 2008, 05:56

Any Help?

Thanks!
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 22 Sep 2008, 07:38

The log you are showing indicates that another SFS is probably running, in fact you get binding errors all over the place.
This means that all those ports are already used.

Shut down the server first and the start it again.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
darkblack

SFS works

Postby darkblack » 23 Sep 2008, 09:49

Yes, SFS works and runs and i have no problem using it. The problem is with blue box. When i start the jetty server with port 8080 and also 80, the webserver fails to start throwing the above posted error. When i start the jetty server with 8081, the webserver starts, but proxy connections do not fall back to bluebox automatically like they need to do.

If ports 80 and 8080 are not available to be used by the webserver (jetty), then what other port can be used? how do we get blue box to work?

Thanks!
darkblack

Postby darkblack » 23 Sep 2008, 09:57

Lapo wrote:Shut down the server first and the start it again.

You mean Smartfox server or the whole BOX?

Thanks!
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 23 Sep 2008, 10:05

If ports 80 and 8080 are not available to be used by the webserver (jetty), then what other port can be used? how do we get blue box to work?

If you have such problems with ports 80 and 8080 is because "something else" is already using those ports.
Something else = another http server, I would presume.

The TCP can only bind one service per port.
When i start the jetty server with 8081, the webserver starts, but proxy connections do not fall back to bluebox automatically like they need to do.

Are you specifying from the client side that the BBox is now listening on port 8081?
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

darkblack

Postby darkblack » 25 Sep 2008, 08:40

If you have such problems with ports 80 and 8080 is because "something else" is already using those ports.
Something else = another http server, I would presume.

The TCP can only bind one service per port.

The server has Apache web server already running to serve the web pages and now i installed SFS in the same server. I am sure port 80 is used by apache. But 8080 does not seem to be used by any other service

When i start the jetty server with 8081, the webserver starts, but proxy connections do not fall back to bluebox automatically like they need to do.
Are you specifying from the client side that the BBox is now listening on port 8081?

Since the jettty webserver did not start on 8080 i changed its port in the jetty.xml file as seen below to 8081

<Call name="addConnector">
      <Arg>
          <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector">
            <Set name="port"><SystemProperty name="jetty.port" default="8081"/></Set>
            <Set name="maxIdleTime">30000</Set>
            <Set name="Acceptors">2</Set>
            <Set name="confidentialPort">8443</Set>
          </New>
      </Arg>
    </Call>

Now the jetty webserver starts, but users are not able to use bluebox. What should i DO?

My problem in simple is that, blue blox worked in another server in which i was testing the flash game in. Now when i move to the deployment server blue box does not work :( Kindly help[/quote]
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 25 Sep 2008, 09:12

The server has Apache web server already running to serve the web pages and now i installed SFS in the same server. I am sure port 80 is used by apache. But 8080 does not seem to be used by any other service

To verify this, simply shut down SFS, open a terminal (or console if it's windows) and type

telnet localhost 8080

If connection is established you have a service running on that port.

i changed its port in the jetty.xml file as seen below to 8081
Now the jetty webserver starts, but users are not able to use bluebox. What should i DO?

The client side API attempt to use the BlueBox when the socket connection fail. So I assume you are under that condition.
By default the API use port 8080, but you can change that by simply setting the blueBoxPort property of the SmartFoxClient object.
This should be done before starting the connection.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “BlueBox”