all extensions get called upon disconnect

Post here your questions about Actionscript and Java server side extensions development.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

tenochca

all extensions get called upon disconnect

Postby tenochca » 10 Jul 2009, 16:11

Hi, I have been using smartfox for the last three months.

I have found a problem (perhaps). First I would like to say that on one machine I have smartfox 1.6.3 and on the other I have smartfox 1.6.6 and I use jave on my server side development

The problem is that when I am on the machine with version 1.6.3 upon user exit the application on the server side always calls all the extensions and tries to erase it from all of them (I have 8+ instances that are en extension of AbstractExtension).

Now, I move that same extension to my development machine using smartfox 1.6.6 and none of that happens!!!, the user/player just gets erased without looking at the extensions.

The machine with smartfox 1.6.3 is a 32bit server with java.vm.version 1.6.0_03-b05, java version 1.6.0_03

The machine with smartfox 1.6.6 is a 64 bit server with java.vm.version 11.0-b16 java version 1.6.0_11
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 14 Jul 2009, 13:55

Hi,
I need this to be a little more clear.
When a user closes its client or gets disconnected the server fires an event to your server side code called USER_LOST.

If I get it correctly you say that on your 1.6.3 you get these events properly and on the other instance (1.6.6) this doesn't happen.

It this consistent or erratic? In other words does the USER_LOST never get fired? Do you get any server side errors?
What is the average traffic on the server?
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
tenochca

Postby tenochca » 14 Jul 2009, 14:24

This is consistent on the instance running 1.6.6.

I do not get any server side errors, regarding the average traffic on the server it is not heavy right now with perhaps a 100 users per day. But it will be increasing on the next two months and I am wondering why it behaves like that.

I have looked into the configuration file and it is the same on both servers.

Thanks for you help
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 14 Jul 2009, 14:41

There is no know problem as regards server events, so I would suggest that there is a network problem behind this issue.

If no USER_LOST event is fired it means that the JVM is not acknowledging the disconnections at socket level and if this happens the reason is likely to be found outside of the JVM itself, probably at the OS level or in the current network setup.

Both software and hardware firewalls or other system-level settings can get in the way of a complete TCP disconnection which in turn creates this problem. It would be great if you could report the issue to your system administrator and him to assist you in these regards.

I would expect that a network analysis via netstat would reveal dozens of connections in CLOSE_WAIT state, at least...

Let us know what you discover
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “Server Side Extension Development”