1.6.20 - Java Extension Reloading

Post here your questions about Actionscript and Java server side extensions development.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Zageron

1.6.20 - Java Extension Reloading

Postby Zageron » 15 May 2021, 04:34

Hello, I'm a long time FFR developer and we're fiddling around with our SmartFox again.

As I think I should expect, given the forum threads I've found so far, loading a jar directly via the wrapper.conf will result in no Auto Reloading.

Code: Select all

wrapper.java.classpath.44=/workspaces/rCubed-multiplayer/lib/ffr/MultiplayerExtension.jar

So I've attempted to use an alternative method of building the .class files directly and instead adding the source directory to the classpath.

Code: Select all

wrapper.java.classpath.43=/workspaces/rCubed-multiplayer/src/

This "works" in so far as it triggers the auto reloading, but the actual content of the binary doesn't change. The only way to get fresh code is to kill the server and start it again. (Using the Admin Tool to refresh the extension results in the same behaviour.)

Is there another way to do this that I am missing, or is this behaviour broken and now pretty much unsupported?

Thanks!

P.S. If you're interested in the set-up in question, here's the repository.
https://github.com/flashflashrevolution/rCubed-multiplayer
Zageron

Re: 1.6.20 - Java Extension Reloading

Postby Zageron » 17 May 2021, 01:17

Just a quick update to let you know we've decided to migrate to SFS2X.
However, an answer / solution to this would still be beneficial for legacy community.

Return to “Server Side Extension Development”