Extension boot error The provided path is not a directory: extensions/MyFirstExtension

Post here your questions about Actionscript and Java server side extensions development.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

aakash447

Extension boot error The provided path is not a directory: extensions/MyFirstExtension

Postby aakash447 » 08 Jan 2020, 07:43

There is no MyFirstExtension folder in extension in sfs2x but its still showing that

Exception: com.smartfoxserver.v2.exceptions.SFSException
Message: Extension creation failure: MyFirstExtension - Extension boot error. The provided path is not a directory: extensions/MyFirstExtension
Description: There were startup errors during the Zone Setup
Please connect via the AdminTool and correct the problem

My program is simple just to get log

Code: Select all

import com.smartfoxserver.v2.core.SFSEventType;
import com.smartfoxserver.v2.extensions.SFSExtension;

public class CreateRoomExtension extends SFSExtension {

@Override
    public void init() {
        trace("in the init method 123123  ");
        addEventHandler(SFSEventType.SERVER_READY, CreateRoomEx.class);
    }
}
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Extension boot error The provided path is not a directory: extensions/MyFirstExtension

Postby Lapo » 08 Jan 2020, 08:37

Hi,
it sounds like you have deployed an Extension pointing to a folder called MyFirstExtension, which is not found under the expected path.

Can you please double check that the folder actually exists under SFS2X/extensions/ and that the jar file of your Extension is deployed there?

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
aakash447

Re: Extension boot error The provided path is not a directory: extensions/MyFirstExtension

Postby aakash447 » 08 Jan 2020, 09:46

there is no extension named MyFirstExtension
may be it would be my first project . but i have deleted that project 4 to 5 days ago.

I have deleted all the folders under extension in sfs but it still show MyFirstExtension
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 08 Jan 2020, 09:52

That's likely because the Extension is still referenced in the Zone configuration.
Open the AdminTool, select Zone Configurator, choose the correct Zone and check the Zone Extension tab. If it references the Extension just remove it.

Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

aakash447

Postby aakash447 » 08 Jan 2020, 10:09

No , my 2 zones have different extension i have said i have removed that extension and now i am using new extensions in my zones but still
first day extension is showing in logs
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 08 Jan 2020, 12:12

If the Extension is referenced then something is using it.
It could be a Room that has that Extension configured. Check your configuration and also make sure you don't have code in your client that attaches the old Extension dynamically.

Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “Server Side Extension Development”