GoToAndPlay Stopped working

Post here your questions about Actionscript and Java server side extensions development.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Bosskafett

GoToAndPlay Stopped working

Postby Bosskafett » 15 Apr 2012, 20:40

Okay, before I join a different room in SmartFoxServer, when I go to change a movieclip's frame on the avatar's movieclip it works fine, right? But when I change to a second room, the user variables update fine (meaning the movieclip in the avatar mc is going to the correct frame by the user variable on other screens) but the standard gotoAndPlay command doesnt seem to happen on my screen.

Code: Select all

E.g. : function changeHeadItem(){
      myAvatar.head.gotoAndStop(2);
      smartfox.setUserVariables({head:2, init:false});
      }

Oh and myAvatar is already defined as your personal avatarClip with the ID (myAvatar:MovieClip = avatarMC['_avatar' + id];) and id is also defined properly.

So, the clip does work fine in the first room joined - the second however--- it doesnt appear right on my screen.

Any ideas?
Cheers and sorry if this is unclear; its quite difficult for me to explain :S
Regards - Jack
if(_global.is_rocketsnail == 1){
mc.snail._visible = true;
smartfox.setUserVariables({snl:1, init:false})
}
The Re-creator of Old Games ;D
rjgtav

Re: GoToAndPlay Stopped working

Postby rjgtav » 15 Apr 2012, 21:46

Hello, I'm sorry but that's a general ActionScript question, and not related with SFS at all. That said, you have to look somewhere else for the answer to your problem, like for example Google, or the ActionScript forums. That problem you're facing is because either the function isn't being called, or the "head" movieclip isn't being reached, which means, something there is null. I suggest you to do some traces in order to find what is null and where the problem is.
Skills: SFS Pro, SFS2X, AS2.0/AS3.0, Java, HTML5/CSS3/JS, C#
Portfolio: https://rjgtav.wordpress.com/
SFS Tutorials: http://sfs-tutor.blogspot.com/ - Discontinued. Some examples may be bugged.

Return to “Server Side Extension Development”