Kick and ban?

Post here your questions about Actionscript and Java server side extensions development.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

WorldOfNyan

Kick and ban?

Postby WorldOfNyan » 24 Dec 2011, 18:47

Hello! I keep getting lost in the forums not so sure where to post this issue. So my issue is... I made a kick and ban button in my avatar chat and its set up so if I type a username and click "ban" or "kick" it does the action. But it won`t perform? I get this error from my start.bat

[ WARNING ] [id: 15] (AdminExtension.handleRequest): A non-Admin user has sent an Admin request. Req: kick, User: Woof, IP: 127.0.0.1?

I`m not to sure on how to fix this? Lol. Any help would be great! : :D

-Woof
rjgtav

Postby rjgtav » 24 Dec 2011, 19:16

Hi. Well, a quick guide:

SmartFoxServer 1.x Discussions and Help - general discussion about the server, usually the client-side part or some general questions about the server like its performance, etc.

Server Side Extension Development - questions related with the server side part, which is the server configuration, extension code, best strategies for extension coding, etc.

BlueBox - Questions related with BlueBox

RedBox - Questions related with RedBox

Features Wish List - ideas or features that you would like to see implemented in SmartFoxServer

The Bug Trap - the section of the forums where you post bugs (usually server-side) that you may find when working with the server - not common ActionScript bugs.

Now regarding your question, I suggest you to first read the whole docs (at www.smartfoxserver.com/docs) before diving into the code. As the error says, you can't send either kick or ban requests from an user which is not an Admin (aka Moderator).

With this, you need to make that user a moderator (check chapters 2.1 and 5.13 - specially the last one), before he may be able to send those type of requests.
Skills: SFS Pro, SFS2X, AS2.0/AS3.0, Java, HTML5/CSS3/JS, C#
Portfolio: https://rjgtav.wordpress.com/
SFS Tutorials: http://sfs-tutor.blogspot.com/ - Discontinued. Some examples may be bugged.

Return to “Server Side Extension Development”