How to develop Singleplayer games via Smartfoxserver

Post here your questions about Actionscript and Java server side extensions development.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

gopala.susurla

How to develop Singleplayer games via Smartfoxserver

Postby gopala.susurla » 08 Oct 2011, 10:27

HI,

I had develop multi player game through SFS via java extension,It was working properly.Thing is in same scenario I will develop single player in that game AI setup and AI information comes from JAVA(server) and human setup and human information comes from flex(client).In that game both flex and Java can maintain game state of the game.

Here I faced the problem is how to connect AI to human through SFS.I read the previous topics there is method like CreateNPC? what is NPC how to use in singleplayer?

Please update me as early as possible.
GopalaSusurla
BigFIsh

Postby BigFIsh » 11 Oct 2011, 04:44

NPC is like a fake user. It uses a socket channel (server) as a real user would. NPC = Non-player character. So basically it is like a 'bot' which usually is controlled by the code itself. In your case, the server would be controlling the state of each NPCs.

Have you had a look at this thread? http://www.smartfoxserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4000

Also, this have been discussed a few times in the past. So I would suggest using the search tool to find more information or resolutions for NPC.
Smartfox's forum is my daily newspaper.

Return to “Server Side Extension Development”