xcode set up guide first step said build a dylib then next step said use a static lib

Post here your questions about the C++ API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax, MBagnati

yuan

xcode set up guide first step said build a dylib then next step said use a static lib

Postby yuan » 31 Dec 2018, 15:04

I want to start a project in C++ and run on the osx so I followed the guide for xcode on osx:
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/GettingStarted/client-api-cpp-macos-xcode7

the first step of the guide told me build a dynamic API Library. but, in the next step it's all about on using static API library to set up an SFS2X project, which made me really confused as I only got a dylib file in previous step, please tell me what i have missed to get a static lib file, and happy new year to all you guys
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: xcode set up guide first step said build a dylib then next step said use a static lib

Postby Lapo » 02 Jan 2019, 16:42

Hi,
thanks for reporting.
It looks like a mistake in the docs, because indeed the final product you should obtain is a static library, which is easier to distribute in your project. I think we need to correct the project screenshot so that it shows the selection on "Static", rather than dynamic.

In any case if you change that parameter in the project settings you should be fine following the compilation steps.
Let us know.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X C++ API”