Change zone after login

Post here your questions about the Java client / Android API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

sylhouette

Change zone after login

Postby sylhouette » 12 Oct 2011, 07:40

Can a user change zones after login? How can I do that? I need to change zone because after a user is logged in, he will join a "general zone" and then when he choose a game to play, I want that user to switch zones into another game zone. Thanks for your help :) (sorry for the newbie question)
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 12 Oct 2011, 08:25

You have to logout (there's a specific request) and then login again.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
sylhouette

Postby sylhouette » 12 Oct 2011, 09:17

so I figured. Ok. Thanks a lot :)
Brian

Re: Change zone after login

Postby Brian » 27 Feb 2019, 16:40

Hi,

I had a similar question, can we do this without user required action? (Logout(old zone) / Login (new zone))

Using Unity :)

P.s: I’ve been looking into a server backend architecture for a while now. I’ve tried multiple different systems. Can’t explain how happy I was when I stumbled on SFS. It has everything I need and more. Thanks for this amazing creation! And the jelastic solution makes it even better :D
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Change zone after login

Postby Lapo » 28 Feb 2019, 08:57

Hello,
Brian wrote:Hi,

I had a similar question, can we do this without user required action? (Logout(old zone) / Login (new zone))

Using Unity :)

No, when you can be logged into a Zone at a time, so you will need to logout first then login again.
You can think of Zones as separate applications running in your server. If it's absolutely necessary to be in multiple Zones at once (which I find it strange) then you will need multiple connections (and multiple instances of the SmartFox client object).

Hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Java / Android API”