Not possible to connect from Unity, otherwise admin works

Post here your questions about the Unity / .Net / Mono / Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

sterner

Not possible to connect from Unity, otherwise admin works

Postby sterner » 15 Jan 2011, 15:44

Hi guys,

I am testing SFSX2. I installed on local PC, configured port forwarding and etc. Locally SFSX2 works fine. Next step was to test remote connections. As I said port forwarding works fine (9933 TCP,UDP, 8080 TCP), no firewall restrictions and as result I can connect to admin page, flash admin from remote PC (you find that from attached logs). I tried to use telnet command and to connect to 9933 port, everything looks fine, server handles request. Next step was to use simple sample from example folder - SFS2X-Connector. It works fine in local PC, but no chanse to get connection from remote PC and in same moment admin works, telnet works on remote PC. Everytime I have got error:
[SFS - ERROR] TCPSocketLayer: Connection error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

So, I don't have idea where problem could be.
Logs: http://www.vitech.ee/problem.zip
sources, logs, config are attached.

Waiting for advice. Thanks in advance.
appels

Postby appels » 15 Jan 2011, 15:53

if your connecting from the U3 webplayer, you will need to have policy validation running
sterner

Postby sterner » 15 Jan 2011, 19:47

No, it is standalone application - standard .exe file. Project is attached, it is sample from SFSX2 packege, there is only one change - IP.
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 16 Jan 2011, 07:49

Most likely you didnt change the IP in the inspector, but changed it in the scripts. Unity always uses the inspector values.

/Thomas
sterner

Postby sterner » 16 Jan 2011, 11:02

Guys, thanks for attention. I have found that problem was in router, something is wrong on low level. It works fine with SFS2X flash admin, but doesn't accept anything from unity. When I replaced router, everything starts to work fine.

Return to “SFS2X C# API”