RoomJoin not firing after Unity Script Update

Post here your questions about the Unity / .Net / Mono / Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

andrew2110

RoomJoin not firing after Unity Script Update

Postby andrew2110 » 05 Dec 2019, 12:29

Have spent the morning trying to figure out why the On Room Join events aren't firing back to the client using Unity 2019.3.0f1 and the latest version of the c# API. I could see the user was joined in the room and all JoinRoomRequests fired successfully. I started with doing a reimport all in Unity which didn't fix it, then deleting the Smartfox files from my project and reimporting from the asset store - this fixed it. I can only assume that for some reason did something funny to some smartfox files and stopped it working properly. Just posting this incase anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: RoomJoin not firing after Unity Script Update

Postby Lapo » 05 Dec 2019, 15:10

Hi,
when something like this happens, make sure to check the server side logs for errors.

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
andrew2110

Re: RoomJoin not firing after Unity Script Update

Postby andrew2110 » 05 Dec 2019, 16:00

Yeah that was the strange thing, I was watching the server logs and everything was firing correctly, the server got logged in, requested to join a room and the server did everything correctly but nothing received client side, a reimport of the client side .dlls fixed it all though :)

Return to “SFS2X C# API”