RoomList not updating

Post here your questions about the Unity / .Net / Mono / Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Vcrn

RoomList not updating

Postby Vcrn » 18 Apr 2019, 22:27

I'm currently experiencing an issue where the RoomList is not properly updating. The scenario is as follows:

1. Subscribe to Room Group x
2. Create new room (from server with user as owner) in Room Group x
3. Unsubscribe from Room Group x
4. Leave room and room is removed
5. Subscribe to Room Group x once again
6. The room that was created is visible in the RoomList despite being removed and not visible in the Admin Tool

If I view the RoomList as a different client than the one that created the original room, it is not visible. It's only visible on the client that created the room originally.

Basically the RoomList still contains the "new" room that has now been removed, because the client was not subscribed to the Room Group x when it was removed.

The issue is solved by not unsubscribing from the Room Group, but it is ideal to be able to unsubscribe as there could be a lot of rooms in the group.

Is there any way to make sure the client gets the "updated" room list when they re-subscribe?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: RoomList not updating

Postby Lapo » 19 Apr 2019, 07:07

Hi,
thanks for reporting.
Can you tell us the SFS2X version you're using and the API platform and version?

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Vcrn

Re: RoomList not updating

Postby Vcrn » 19 Apr 2019, 13:21

Lapo wrote:Hi,
thanks for reporting.
Can you tell us the SFS2X version you're using and the API platform and version?

Thanks

I'm using SFS2X 2.13.3, and the Unity/C# API v1.7.11a.

Return to “SFS2X C# API”