Need help with MMORoom Proximity Update Issue

Post here your questions about the Unity / .Net / Mono / Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

JuliusBtesh

Need help with MMORoom Proximity Update Issue

Postby JuliusBtesh » 24 Dec 2014, 02:31

Ok, so I've been testing this dozens of times to figure out what the issue is and basically my problem is that if I run an MMORoom with remote players for the first time, I get all the proximity updates without any issues. Once the game is over, I go back to menu screen and all the smartfox connections are all good. If I try to go into another game room with remote players, this time the remote players wont be found in the "added users" in the proximity update so nothing gets spawned. But if I actually log out of the smartfox instance and then log back in before going into another game room. Then the proximity update will spawn the remote players.

I can not figure out what the problem with this is but maybe someone had some similar issues .. I have tried and checked as many things possible!!

Thanks!!!
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Need help with MMORoom Proximity Update Issue

Postby Lapo » 26 Dec 2014, 09:23

Hi,
unfortunately this is not enough to understand the problem and it's causes.
Since you haven't specified the versions of client and server I would highly recommend to make sure you're working with the latest versions available: SFS2X 2.9.2 and the relative latest API found here:
http://www.smartfoxserver.com/download/sfs2x#p=client

Once this is checked, if the problem persists, we will need a way to reproduce the problem. Best way is to send us a small "repro case" with all the unnecessary stuff stripped away.

You can send it to our support@... email box with a reference to this post.

thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
JuliusBtesh

Postby JuliusBtesh » 28 Dec 2014, 02:26

I am on the latest version . I stated in my question that I am using the latest version of everything.
JuliusBtesh

Postby JuliusBtesh » 28 Dec 2014, 02:28

I do not know how I can send over my stuff. Its basically a completed project. I would have to find a way to remake a small sample project and then send it over
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 28 Dec 2014, 09:49

JuliusBtesh wrote:I am on the latest version . I stated in my question that I am using the latest version of everything.

Sorry, I don't see that in the OP. Taking for granted that you do use the latest versions of "everything" can you at least specify which client platform you are using?
If it's Unity please also clarify which target you're exporting to (WebPlayer, iOS, Android...)

thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 28 Dec 2014, 09:50

JuliusBtesh wrote:I do not know how I can send over my stuff. Its basically a completed project. I would have to find a way to remake a small sample project and then send it over

Yes, a stripped down small project with the essential code to reproduce the issue is the best idea.

Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

JuliusBtesh

Postby JuliusBtesh » 28 Dec 2014, 18:49

I am using Unity with exporting to iOS + Android. I havent tested this on the Android platform yet but this issue is also happening in the Unity Editor.
JuliusBtesh

Postby JuliusBtesh » 28 Dec 2014, 18:58

I apologize for the lack of client information but it seemed like I narrowed it to something to do with the Smartfox Instance being used on the client side because the room does fill up with the remote players. The count shows the correct number and the admin tool does show the names of the players. The only thing that doesn't come up is the "Added Users" in the Proximity Update so they never know to populate the screen.

This issue of not populating goes away if I create a new Smartfox Instance and go into a new room. Then it all works properly. So do you think there is something lingering in the Smartfox Instance the disables the Proximity Update from working correctly? I know that all my event listeners are there and I've tested output with them so I know that its not an event listener issue. (Unless I'm really missing something, but as I stated before, each room starts up the same way so there's no way it could be different)

If this helps you figure out what could be the problem then awesome! But I will try and get a stripped down project asap.

Thanks!
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 29 Dec 2014, 11:17

The only recommendation that comes to mind is to make sure that you are not joining multiple MMORooms at once. This is not supported, but at the same time if you use a regular JoinRoomRequest, the default behavior is to log you out from the current Room before joining in the new one.

So, unless you specifically request to log two remain in the previous Room, everything should be fine.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

JuliusBtesh

Postby JuliusBtesh » 29 Dec 2014, 15:14

I'm pretty sure there is only one room being joined at a time. When leaving the first room in the app, it is calling a leave room request. But I will make sure its actually going through. But I think the join room or create room should be leaving the other room anyways, correct?
JuliusBtesh

Postby JuliusBtesh » 29 Dec 2014, 15:35

Ok I thank you for your time. I did some more testing between two devices (so only two real players/ no computers) and it seems to be working. I think I know why sometimes the players show up and sometimes doesn't. Could be the way I have my positions updating.
JuliusBtesh

Postby JuliusBtesh » 31 Dec 2014, 15:30

Ok so checking up on this again. I noticed that the issue now lies within that the proximity update will work on all players that enter after you but not the ones that were already inside the room.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 02 Jan 2015, 15:33

Thanks for the update.
A basic reproducible case would help understanding this more accurately.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

netvortex

Postby netvortex » 21 Jan 2015, 18:17

Lapo, this is exactly the bug i reported to you 6 months ago. The ProximityList is desync, this is why it was throwing the exception. Your solution was to do a try/catch so when the exception occured it would only affect 1 user. The problem is that sooner or later it will affect all users.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 22 Jan 2015, 09:43

Hi netvortex,
Lapo, this is exactly the bug i reported to you 6 months ago.

I am not sure what you're talking about. I went back and checked your previous posts and none of them report about proximity-list issues.

The ProximityList is desync, this is why it was throwing the exception.

What exceptions? There is no mention of any exception in this thread...

thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SFS2X C# API”