is SFS2X supported for PS3 with Unity3D

Post here your questions about the Unity / .Net / Mono / Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

gs_vamseemohan

is SFS2X supported for PS3 with Unity3D

Postby gs_vamseemohan » 20 Nov 2013, 12:56

Hi,

We've currently deployed our game across various platforms that unity3d supported, which uses SFS2X and all is good.
We just want to check if there is anything we need to know about SFS2X being supported for PS3 platform. Unity3D exports to PS3 as anyother platform so i guess it should work. But, just to be sure, can you let us know if thats the case.

Thanks
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: is SFS2X supported for PS3 with Unity3D

Postby Lapo » 20 Nov 2013, 15:14

To be honest ... I have no idea :mrgreen:
From what I gather the PS3 is a bit of a black box, in the sense that you must be an "accredited" developer to be able to test and develop. Over here we've never tested.

Anyways, the idea is that the SFS2X C# API just use Mono/.Net code, just like you would do with your own game code. So I wouldn't expect anything strange unless there are known PS3-related issues with certain .Net packages.

In other words I would stick with any guideline that Unity provides for PS3 development. If there are restrictions, and I am not aware of any, you can get in touch with us to double check if our API respect those restrictions (or not).

Hope it helps

p.s. = in any case let us know how it goes!
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
gs_vamseemohan

Re: is SFS2X supported for PS3 with Unity3D

Postby gs_vamseemohan » 21 Nov 2013, 09:24

Thanks for the info.

I'll come back with more queries once we are sure we are going with PS3 platform. Hoping for the best.

Thanks again.

Return to “SFS2X C# API”