Error at disconnectation

Post here your questions about the Unity / .Net / Mono / Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Laxika

Error at disconnectation

Postby Laxika » 28 Sep 2012, 21:17

Hy guys!

I downloaded, setup, patched the server yesterday and started working on it today. I just want to learn the basics atm, while making my own game. But, with the first example (Connector) when I connect, then click disconnect I get this error:

Code: Select all

[SFS DEBUG] TCPSocketLayer: General error reading data from socket: Read failure   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Sfs2X.Core.Sockets.TCPSocketLayer.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
ConnectionGUI:OnDebugMessage(BaseEvent) (at Assets/Scripts/ConnectionGUI.cs:138)
Sfs2X.Core.EventDispatcher:DispatchEvent(BaseEvent)
Sfs2X.SmartFox:ProcessEvents()
ConnectionGUI:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Scripts/ConnectionGUI.cs:51)

I'm using Unity, updated the SmartFox2.dll to the newest (1.0.3) but the problem still exist. The server's version is 1.3.0, and I'm on OS X 10.8.1.
I' running it in the editor.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Error at disconnectation

Postby Lapo » 29 Sep 2012, 07:41

Hi, I am able to reproduce the "problem", although I am not exactly sure if it's a bug. I will ask ThomasLund to take a look.
At the moment this doesn't do any harm because the disconnection is anyways performed correctly.

NOTE: I will move this post in the right place, under the "Unity API" section
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Laxika

Postby Laxika » 29 Sep 2012, 10:28

Yes, I noticed the same, but its a bit annoying. (Edited the tutorial on a lot different place, when I first saw this, then took me one hour to figure out that it's not my error, even happens in the example.) Also I think that it's a bug, because "Read failure"s shouldn't happen in my opinion. (Of course it's don't do any big harm, but still not working good I think.) So I thoought better to report it, and save some people from bugfinding.

Sorry for posting it in the wrong section, I thought it's internal, not just unity related.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 29 Sep 2012, 12:18

Yes, normally a closed socket shouldn't cause any exception. I agree with that. We'll take a look asap.
Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 30 Sep 2012, 12:31

Its an internal message - simply havent been able to catch it (so its not printed) while keeping the logic working about disconnection handling.

So safe to ignore - annoying to get in your log.

/Thomas
Full Control - maker of Unity/C# and Java SFS API and indie games
Follow on twitter: http://twitter.com/thomas_h_lund
Laxika

Postby Laxika » 01 Oct 2012, 07:44

ThomasLund wrote:Its an internal message - simply havent been able to catch it (so its not printed) while keeping the logic working about disconnection handling.

So safe to ignore - annoying to get in your log.

/Thomas

Okey, thanks for the info, I just thought it's something serious.

Return to “SFS2X C# API”