New config loader and BlueBox configuration

Post here your questions about the Unity / .Net / Mono / Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

COB

New config loader and BlueBox configuration

Postby COB » 20 Apr 2011, 06:41

I have two questions concerning loading the config file in Unity3d. I would like to configure BlueBox port and as far as I know this is the only option. However, I can't find any example. Where should I put this config file.
My second question concerns almost the same thing. I can't understand how will I be able to load some external config file if my app is run through the WebPlayer?
jimbobway

Postby jimbobway » 14 Jul 2011, 17:19

I have the same problem. I can't get sfs-config.xml to load in Unity's WebPlayer. I got it to load as a standalone.

We are trying to get BlueBox to work using the sfs-config.xml file. How to use BlueBox with Unity?
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 17 Jul 2011, 07:47

The API is missing setters for blue box variables. Will be there for next version.

But this is only really needed for setting different ip/ports than default. It doesnt enable or disable bluebox in any ways.

But bluebox in Unity webplayer is not working well (at all?). In standalone it works.
Full Control - maker of Unity/C# and Java SFS API and indie games
Follow on twitter: http://twitter.com/thomas_h_lund
jimbobway

Postby jimbobway » 01 Aug 2011, 15:17

Yes, I noticed the sfs-config.xml didn't work either for Unity.

Also I posted this in another thread, "One of the senior engineers I am working with has direct contact with Unity developers. They (Unity) are willing to work with us to get BlueBox working and apparently said "they will do what it takes." Does anyone here have any advice for me before going into this meeting? Please reply soon."

If you would like for me to add anything to the meeting about Blue Box let me know or reply to this thread.
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 05 Aug 2011, 06:58

Extending the SFS API to allow setting of config variables from client code is not something Unity should be involved in really. But if they want to help getting BlueBox as such running - perfect. I'd be happy to participate in that

/Thomas

ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 25 Aug 2011, 08:01

I've just added a HttpPort setter that one can use prior to connecting. This allows to override the default port.

Will be part of next release.

Also the BlueBox will now log its activity on DEBUG log level, so its easier to see what is happening

/Thomas

Return to “SFS2X C# API”