please ease up on the language filter

Post here your suggestions for new possible features in SmartFoxServer.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

dream

please ease up on the language filter

Postby dream » 02 Dec 2006, 12:16

There have been many complaints about the language filter and how it handles words. It would be a great improvement to take spaces into consideration (eg: "as someone") as well as leaving words containing bad words (like "assets").

I've been told that putting a space at the begining or the end of the bad word in the the bad word list would fix the second problem.. but It ended up not detecting any words at all, including the ones which matched.
Please consider this in the future release.
nature has a funny way of breaking what does not bend
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 09 Dec 2006, 09:20

Yes, this has been mentioned several times in this board. We have plans for adding more flexibility to the bad word filters.

Additionally I'd like to mention that, with the latest version of the server, we enhanced the "pubMsg" internal event. It is now possible to catch all the public messages in your extension and apply your custom filters.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
aMUSiC

Postby aMUSiC » 15 Jan 2008, 14:22

hm.. enhancing the suggestion... maybe allow regular expressions for bad word filtering?
delany

Postby delany » 18 Jan 2008, 20:16

I'll second the regular expressions suggestions. I have a list of regular expressions that I just move over to new forum or single player game environments when we implement them.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 19 Jan 2008, 10:23

Nice suggestion. I am adding it to the To-Do list right now :)
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

patso

Postby patso » 21 Jan 2008, 10:01

And while we talk about suggestions....
This one one may be will not be included in the to-do list but I think its interesting.

What about flag option? When some chat is flaged it's send to moderator to take adctions. And the bad words fillter can just do this task automatically - sends the message to moderator so it could take the proper actions.
turtlesoup

Postby turtlesoup » 21 Jan 2008, 16:59

Lapo wrote:Yes, this has been mentioned several times in this board. We have plans for adding more flexibility to the bad word filters.

Additionally I'd like to mention that, with the latest version of the server, we enhanced the "pubMsg" internal event. It is now possible to catch all the public messages in your extension and apply your custom filters.

Does the pubMsg extension get called before or after the word filter? Or does it disable the word filter?
darnpunk

Postby darnpunk » 22 Jan 2008, 01:58

Does the pubMsg extension get called before or after the word filter? Or does it disable the word filter?

I just tried creating my own custom filter. The word filter comes first before pubMsg and it does not disable the word filter. When I typed in a bad word that is listed inside SFS bad word list and my custom filter, SFS catches it first.
turtlesoup

Postby turtlesoup » 22 Jan 2008, 02:07

darnpunk wrote:

I just tried creating my own custom filter. The word filter comes first before pubMsg and it does not disable the word filter. When I typed in a bad word that is listed inside SFS bad word list and my custom filter, SFS catches it first.

Cool. Thanks!
no-one

Postby no-one » 24 Feb 2008, 15:42

just a suggestion.

use a client side word filter like mine.
it wont ban or kick but it will remove a lot more bad words, and its has a ignore word list (ignore grape but remove rape)

checkout the link bellow for source
http://m0rkeulv.net/showsource.php?file=/code/filter.as
turtlesoup

Postby turtlesoup » 15 Apr 2008, 23:27

Any update on the regular expressions filtering?

Also, would it be possible to load the bad word list from a separate text file instead of typing them all inside config.xml ?

thanks
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 16 Apr 2008, 05:12

It's in our list of things to do, but sorry, it's not something that will be out in the next weeks. We have a long list of enhancements on which we are working on. We'll disclose more details in the next months.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

ptdgames

Postby ptdgames » 02 Sep 2008, 20:56

no-one wrote:use a client side word filter like mine.

For now, this is what I'm doing. The client is running a RegEx type thing to filter out bad words and then taking the appropriate action.

Hopefully SMS does this soon. Using regular expressions pretty much fixes any problems with the "ass / pass" type things.

Return to “Features Wish List”