Proper support

Post here your suggestions for new possible features in SmartFoxServer.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

delany

Proper support

Postby delany » 09 Apr 2008, 18:48

I thought I would put this in as a formal suggestion.

While on the whole this forum is useful for resolving issues, I can't help but feel, as SMS develops as a widely used professional application that a more formal support structure should be in place.

At the moment, Lapo answers a lot of basic questions from people - a lot of whom are not paying customers - and a good number of less basic questions. This is nice and friendly and is great for building the SFS community.

However, I can't help but notice - not least from personal experience - that a good number of (sometimes slightly!) less basic questions from paying customers slip through the net and are not answered. I have at least two that are still, frustratingly, unanswered.

As I say, I am a paying customer and while I don't expect unlimited support to come with the cost of a license, I do expect some sort of structure or forum where I can guarantee that my question will be answered. As I say, this does not have to come with a license (though that would be nice!) - but it really is a necessity for a professional application to have something.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 15 Apr 2008, 19:33

Hi delany,
thanks for your input. We already offer this kind of direct support, all you have to do is contact us directly.

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
mistermind

Postby mistermind » 16 Apr 2008, 00:36

I second that.
Althou, like Lapo said, they do have a paid support, it is not very clear and visible for us (which causes so many people to turn to the only place visibly available: The Forums).

I think that if you guys manage to create a help desk system with an open "F.A.Q" with filtered and solved issues, we would see a lot less and loss questions and would even enhance your income so there could be more investments in this area.

From all my experiences with SFS, my dream is that some day I'll be able to look up on google for answers rather then only our beloved forum :D
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned.
ptdgames

Postby ptdgames » 30 Jul 2008, 20:32

So far, SMS is so straightforward that I haven't even asked a question or needed support.

I'm not very excited that I get to program Java and AS3 at the same time, but hey.

Return to “Features Wish List”