Is there a message/event that gets sent on shutdown?

Post here your suggestions for new possible features in SmartFoxServer.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

flarb

Is there a message/event that gets sent on shutdown?

Postby flarb » 20 Jul 2009, 18:38

As far as I can tell, there is no event that is fired off when you initiiate a server restart/shutdown via the console or admin panel. I want to display a warning message in the game when I initiate a server shutdown. I figured it would be cool if there was an internalevent in the server plug-in and then I'd just send a message to all attached clients that the game is shutting down when this event is fired off. Is this not possible? If not, can you add it?
flarb

Also....

Postby flarb » 20 Jul 2009, 21:31

Also....

I think the shutdown feature needs a bit of extras.

Firstly, is there a way to make the shutdown happen over a longer period than 10 seconds?

I think that the shutdown feature from the command line and admin console needs to do a few things:

* Specify a time for shutdown (10 seconds, 30, seconds, a minute, etc.)

* Send an admin message at a certain interval over that time period....so it will send out a message that says "the server will be shutting down in 30 seconds..." then "10 seconds" etc.

* Have an internal event for all plug-ins when the server is about to shut down. That way they can save out any info they need etc.

A lot of this can be done with the scheduling API--so I think that at the very least we need the ability to set the time interval of the shut down event through the command line and admin panel, and then a special internalevent for shutdown to do any plug-in specific processing.
flarb

Postby flarb » 20 Jul 2009, 22:27

Oh also---it would be great if CanLogin in the extension helper interface would always return false if the server is set to be shut down.
Flying_Banana

Re: Is there a message/event that gets sent on shutdown?

Postby Flying_Banana » 15 Jun 2015, 04:35

I'm also interested on whether there is a method of detecting server shutdown.

I need an entry point to perform some tasks before server shutdown, like closing database connections, saving some data, etc. Is there a workaround?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Is there a message/event that gets sent on shutdown?

Postby Lapo » 15 Jun 2015, 07:20

Hi,
all you need is adding a "shutdown hook" to the JVM so that it is executed prior to shut down.
We have discussed this already in several places.

See here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16796&p=73192

cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “Features Wish List”