USER_EXIT_ROOM listener problem

Post here your questions about the Flash / Flex / Air API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

aliko

USER_EXIT_ROOM listener problem

Postby aliko » 28 Jun 2016, 07:07

Hello,

My game has 2 players.
Sometimes when PlayerA disconnected PlayerB cannot recieve USER_EXIT_ROOM event of PlayerA.

My client has USER_EXIT_ROOM listener.

Code: Select all

sfs.addEventListener(SFSEvent.USER_EXIT_ROOM, onUserLeaveRoom);

I added a log function to onUserLeaveRoom function for checking if client has recieved other player exit the game room. Not recieved this log somesites so that i though that player cannot recieve USER_EXIT_ROOM event.

When I check the server logs, i saw that, but server cannot recieve USER_EXIT_ROOM log from other player.

Code: Select all

28 Jun 2016 | 04:43:47,897 | INFO  | SFSWorker:Sys:1 | v2.api.SFSApi |     | User disconnected: { Zone: TavlaZone }, ( User Name: PlayerA, Id: 237715, Priv: 0, Sess: 18.113.15.114:56520 ) , SessionLen: 796003, Type: Flash

This is happening sometimes, generally server recieves the log, can you help me please?

Best Regards,
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: USER_EXIT_ROOM listener problem

Postby Lapo » 28 Jun 2016, 07:55

Can you reproduce this issue locally?
Also, what version of the client API are you using?

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
aliko

Postby aliko » 28 Jun 2016, 11:57

No It is on real and active server that has app. 1500 online users..
If you want to ask for log, yes i added to my clientside and extenion to serverside.
api version:1.6.0
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 28 Jun 2016, 15:05

Can you clarify the frequency of this problem? Is it once in a blue moon? Always?

Also this is not very clear:

I added a log function to onUserLeaveRoom function for checking if client has recieved other player exit the game room. Not recieved this log somesites so that i though that player cannot recieve USER_EXIT_ROOM event.

When I check the server logs, i saw that, but server cannot recieve USER_EXIT_ROOM log from other player.

I don't understand.
You're logging the triggering of the USER_EXIT event on the client side, okay. But why should the server log anything about this exactly? In particular the server does not receive an USER_EXIT_ROOM (as you wrote). It sends it out to clients.

More importantly if you cannot reproduce the issue locally then it's highly likely that the message got lost because of a network issue more than anything else, which is what I am suspecting at the moment. Especially because we have no reports of similar problems nor we are aware of anything like it.

Let us know more details.

thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

aliko

Postby aliko » 28 Jun 2016, 16:34

I think frequency app. 1/1000 etc.. really small rate.
My logging function is only to sure about client recieved USER_EXIT_ROOM event or not.

Anyway , when a user disconnected, other clients in game room should recieve USER_EXIT event?
If your answer yes, very small rately sometimes clients don't recieve it. I'm sure that because of my logging function in onUserLeaveRoom listener.

I cannot find the reason for that, so that i wrote here.

best regards
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 29 Jun 2016, 08:34

aliko wrote:I think frequency app. 1/1000 etc.. really small rate.
My logging function is only to sure about client recieved USER_EXIT_ROOM event or not.

Sorry what is "frequency app" ?

Anyway , when a user disconnected, other clients in game room should recieve USER_EXIT event?

Yes

If your answer yes, very small rately sometimes clients don't recieve it. I'm sure that because of my logging function in onUserLeaveRoom listener.

A very small rate may indicate simply a network issue, maybe the client was already dropping packets because it has a too slow connection. In the AdminTool > Dashboard you can check what is your "dropped outgoing packets" rate. I suspect it is > 0%.
Values within 10% are considered normal because there will always a few clients with slow networks, if it's higher than 10% there is probably something else going on. E.g. hosting provider issues.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SFS2X ActionScript 3 API”