Zone/room extension

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

appels

Zone/room extension

Postby appels » 08 Dec 2010, 06:36

Hi,

I have a custom login which is plugged in the zone.
Do i need to plug my room code in the room or can all go through the zone extension.

in other words, one jar that has all the logic or split up the zone extension and room.

Are there advantages/disadvantages ?
Thanks,

Eddy.
Democre

Postby Democre » 08 Dec 2010, 14:57

I am going to skip over the use of annotations and just give my 2 cents in the broad case.

Handling everything through a zone extension has the advantage of less object creation. It requires more state handling for rooms via the room variables. It may get tricky deciding to which room the client may be sending a request.

Splitting into zone and room extension has the advantage that there is an extension object created for each room and therefore has its own state. The client is required to specify a room in the request. There could be significantly more objects created in the server.

I am using one jar in an extension subdirectory. It contains the room extension class and zone extension class, as well as all handler classes. It's just a matter of specifying the appropriate class during room/zone creation.
appels

Postby appels » 09 Dec 2010, 04:16

thanks

Return to “SFS2X Questions”