Overcast and Guava

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Fistuge

Overcast and Guava

Postby Fistuge » 29 Jun 2022, 21:17

Hi,

I need to use a newer version of Guava, but because it is already included in the base lib folder adding the newer version to __lib__ doesn't do anything. As this is in Overcast, I cannot (at least I think so) manually replace the Guava version in the main Smartfox lib folder as I do not have access to it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Overcast and Guava

Postby Lapo » 30 Jun 2022, 08:59

Hi,
replacing core libraries can be a problem, both generally speaking and in the specific context of Overcast. This is because the new library could cause unexpected server behaviors, since it's compiled and tested against a certain version of that library.

Now, in the case of Guava the unexpected behaviors are highly unlikely since the dependence on that SDK is very minor. We know other customers have replaced the original with newer versions and had no issues.

However doing so in Overcast is not possible at the moment because there's no direct access to the lib/ folder.
If you want we can manually replace it on your server. If that's the case get in touch with us directly via our support@... email box with the details of the server and the version you need.

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”