Reducing the Size of Javascript SFS2 client side dependency

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Muxa

Reducing the Size of Javascript SFS2 client side dependency

Postby Muxa » 05 Aug 2021, 11:38

Hello,

I have a very important question that is a key for our team and will help the decision for future adaptation of smartfix in our upcoming projects :-

Is it possible to reduce the size of "sfs2x-api-xxx.js" ? Using custom build/bundle ?

We don't want to utilize the full functionality inside the js we only want simple connect/disconnect/send/receive functionality also we prefer to write our own socket client side handlers.

Is it possible for us to communicate with Smartfoxserver without this dependency if Yes , please advice how ?

If No what if we want to use other programing language such as dart for client side to communicate through socket with smartfoxsever is that also not allowed?

Thanks
Rob

Re: Reducing the Size of Javascript SFS2 client side dependency

Postby Rob » 05 Aug 2021, 12:48

I suggested this a while back: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21184
Muxa

Postby Muxa » 05 Aug 2021, 13:29

Rob wrote:I suggested this a while back: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21184

Hello Rob,

Yes it would be great, if they don't do so do you think they offer un-minified sfs JS APi where we can build our edit ourselves?

We are planning to communicate with SFS server using Dart and also smaller client side js file . And this is what's scaring us th3 most knowing that JS files offered by smartfoxserver is some how hard to customize

Thanks
Rob

Postby Rob » 05 Aug 2021, 21:43

Muxa wrote:do you think they offer un-minified sfs JS APi where we can build our edit ourselves?

A couple of years ago I suggested that the source could be put on GitHub or similar: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=19948&p=85879#p85879
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 08 Aug 2021, 06:35

Muxa wrote:Hello,

I have a very important question that is a key for our team and will help the decision for future adaptation of smartfix in our upcoming projects :-

Is it possible to reduce the size of "sfs2x-api-xxx.js" ? Using custom build/bundle ?

We don't want to utilize the full functionality inside the js we only want simple connect/disconnect/send/receive functionality also we prefer to write our own socket client side handlers.

Is it possible for us to communicate with Smartfoxserver without this dependency if Yes , please advice how ?

If No what if we want to use other programing language such as dart for client side to communicate through socket with smartfoxsever is that also not allowed?

Thanks

Hello.
I'm not sure you will be able to further reduce the size of the JavaScript API, even if you remove some requests you don't need. Anyway if you like we can send you the source code of the API so you can build it by yourself, or use it to attempt a conversion to a different language we don't support natively.
Please contact us by email.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Muxa

Postby Muxa » 16 Aug 2021, 11:00

Perfect,

Thanks for your reply .

I will be in touch with your team for license related purchase , and custom paid code development related services

Thanks

Return to “SFS2X Questions”