Courses or training for sfs 2x

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

DarkGon

Courses or training for sfs 2x

Postby DarkGon » 28 Apr 2021, 20:13

Hello dear Sir Lapo =)

I have a question, is there any way to learn how to write game logic for interacting with the server using voice and demo communication methods, paid or free?
Of course it will be cool if there is a free way =D
I'm just really tired of digging into someone else's code and trying to figure out why this is the way it is. I'm starting to feel tired from the daily search for answers to my questions, which I can't formulate, I can only show and I want to get an instant answer in real time.
I'm not stupid and I catch everything on the go. If there is such a thing, then tell me or if you can add it to the discord DarkGon#2153 and help =D it will be a cool communication experience
thx
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Courses or training for sfs 2x

Postby Lapo » 29 Apr 2021, 06:50

Hi,
DarkGon wrote:Hello dear Sir Lapo =)

I have a question, is there any way to learn how to write game logic for interacting with the server using voice and demo communication methods, paid or free?

Well, you would need some kind of speech-to-text library that can perform the conversion from the vocal commands. I am not aware of any specific solution. This is a field where you probably won't find a large amount of choices, and you may need to be able to test these solutions to see if they work as intended (i.e. they support the language(s) you're targeting, they support the client technology you plan to use etc...)

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
DarkGon

Postby DarkGon » 29 Apr 2021, 12:24

Hello Lapo, you misunderstood me, I meant, are there any people who could help you master smartfoxserver 2x for unity, I have some gaps and I don't understand how to solve them, I want an online lesson =)
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 29 Apr 2021, 12:31

Yes, I thought you were looking for systems to send voice commands to the server :lol: :D
I can point you to the documentation, for what concerns SFS2X:
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/Exampl ... troduction

In particular I've linked the Unity section, where you can follow a series of tutorials of increasing complexity, starting from the very basics.

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”