Issue with Logging

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Void*

Issue with Logging

Postby Void* » 05 Apr 2021, 10:21

Hi, I'm currently having a problem with the SFS2X Server logs.

SFS2X Server Version 2.17
C# Client API 1.7.13

The problem itself is that all live logging stops working correctly. Instead of the *actual* logs it is replaced with this:
Screenshot 2021-04-05 111719.png
(118.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet

I would like to note that we do not have a zone called "BasicExamples".
Screenshot 2021-04-05 112108.png
(2.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Once the day ticks over and the daily backup is made, the (backup) log file on disk contains the correct previous days logs. The smartfox.log file, however, still contains just more repetitions of the screenshot. Again, when I checked the next day, the backup on disk contains the correct logs for the day, but the smartfox.log file has been refreshed and now contains a new set of listings that matches the above (with the appropriate dates in it)

I've noticed this a couple of times after the server has been running longer than 48 hours straight. I don't know any other way to reproduce this though other than just waiting.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Issue with Logging

Postby Lapo » 06 Apr 2021, 08:05

Hi,
are you manually truncating the log files? How does your log backup system works?

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Void*

Re: Issue with Logging

Postby Void* » 06 Apr 2021, 09:52

Everything regarding logging is done completely within SFS2X by whatever SFS2X does by default, which appears to be daily roll-over. We do no manual truncation, nor have we overriden any of the default settings with respect to logging.
To view and download the logs I use the AdminTool.

I did log in via SSH to verify what we were seeing was representative of what was on disk, however, other than using

Code: Select all

less smartfox.log
and

Code: Select all

less smartfox.log.2021-04-04
I didn't touch them.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”